Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Old Soul

Where have I been? Still in Arizona, if you can believe it. I have a house here in Mesa that I mentioned months ago, and we are very slowly, as money permits, trying to restore it to livable condition. It all takes time, but hopefully we will enjoy it when it is finished. Meanwhile my wonderful daughter-in-law provides me with a room and I occasionally cook something for dinner. Not well known for my culinary skills.

But that all is minor news compared to this!  I have a quilt appearing in the Spring issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects! Yes, it's true! First off, let me say what an exciting new magazine this is. They have only been publishing for one year and their issues have been filled with top notch designers that we all admire, including, but not limited to, Lynda Hall, Cheri Payne, Gloria Parsons, Lisa Bongean and now ME!

 Here is my quilt, OLD SOUL. I have to say that this is one of the most fun quilts I have ever made. I began it while at my daughter's house and so I dug into her scraps, most of which were my old scraps. Then I came home and added some of my newer scraps. So it is really a mish mash of fabric all tied together with a Jan Patek fabric that I used for the alternate plain squares. But wait, I ran out of that fabric and had to use an additional fabric in a few squares, so all the plain squares don't match. I seriously felt like a pioneer woman, tho I doubt they had this much fun. To top it off, my quilt was beautifully quilted by Rosemary Skinner of Virginia Beach, VA. 

If you don't already have a subscription, jump onto the Primitive Quilts and Projects site and get one now! They have offered to give you a free pattern if you subscribe for a year, and two free patterns if you subscribe for two years. Just mention my name, Marcie Patch. There is a comment box when you subscribe. You might also mention that you want to see lots more of my quilts in the future. Just a thought.

Kits will be available from the Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista, CA.  Phone:760-758-8308. They also have kits for OLD ELEGANCE--photo on side bar. Check out their website after you order your subscription!


18 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations! It is a fun quilt. :-)

Gayle said...

I LOVE your quilt Marcie! Can't wait till my issue comes in the mail. I've decided to make at least ONE quilt from every issue, and I'm thinking it might be yours this time!

julieQ said...

I screeched when I saw that you had a quilt in my issue of Primitive's...love the quilt and I just think you are a terrific designer!

*karendianne. said...

Oh Marcie, this is a hot one!!! I love it. I totally totally love it. You just know how to really make it happen. Gosh friend, this is just an absolutely fantastic quilt. I love it. Heart beating… you caught me.

Polly said...

I want my scraps back! The quilt looks beautiful and like a perfect graduation gift, hint hint. Congratulations on yet another awesome magazine appearance. You inspire me!

Candace said...

Wow - I love, love, love this quilt, Marcie! I can't wait to get my issue - you're so right about this being an exciting magazine! Good luck restoring your home in AZ! What fun that must be!
Cheers!

Linda said...

I LOVE your quilt TOO! This issue is shaping up to be another masterpiece from what I've seen of peeks from designers. Whew! Can hardly wait to see it all!

Janet said...

WooHoo!! What a gorgeous quilt! I love that you've mixed old scraps with new scraps.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful design -- I love scrappy pieced projects! Can't wait for my next issue :)
Jeanne

Jan said...

I love your new design, and what a great name!

Me and My Stitches said...

Good for you! I can't wait to see this issue - it is such a great magazine! Hope you are doing well.

Libby said...

My favorite magazine filled with my favorite designers and kits from my favorite quilt shop! Love it.

Angie said...

Truly wonderful that your quilt is published in this magazine, Marcie||| I love this quilt too (BTW) :D I hope my magazine comes SOON||| (exclamation key doesn't work so I'm 'makin' do') :)

Michele Bilyeu said...

Absolutely gorgeous! And what an amazing journey through many scrap lifetimes to get to where it is, today! Love it!

Julie in the Barn said...

Oh, Marcie. What a great design and the color choices make me swoon. Congrats to you for yet another brilliant creation.

Wendy said...

Congrats to you. I love this quilt and I can't wait to get the magazine.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Congratulations Marci! I'm sooo thrilled for you. Way to Go. I' going to run out and get a copy of the magazine for sure.

Pat

Kyle said...

I love the pattern you have in the magazine. Time to dig into the stash.