Friday, February 08, 2008

THERE'S ALWAYS ROOM FOR BARGELLO



You may have heard of Bonnie's invitation to join her in making a bargello quilt on SuperBowl Sunday. Forest Jane even created a very clever logo! I mentioned in an earlier post that I had joined in and I displayed a picture of my progress. As I have been cruising around Blogland I have seen evidence that some of you have been working on that project as well. I started adding a link or two, and then it turned into several, and so I decided to add it to my side bar for a while. I didn't mean to take this pleasure away from Bonnie, it just kept getting larger! We all know Bonnie is in the middle of moving right now and has other things to think about. I will just leave this up for a short time to give people a chance to visit Bonnie's Bargello Bloggers! Let me know if you are stripping (oh mercy!) and I will add a link to your blog.

On another note: Sometimes new bloggers are hesitant to add their email address to their blog. I know I was in the beginning. I relented because quilt bloggers are so friendly that they often want to write you back when you make a comment. So I opened a g-mail account just for blogging. (That's Google and I like it a lot). You can adjust your settings so that comments from your blog go directly to your e-mail account. This is much better than returning to your blog every day and checking the number of comments that have been left. I actually did that in the beginning! Then be sure to edit your personal profile so that the show e-mail address is checked! I was trying to figure this out for a friend the other day, so while it is fresh in my mind I wanted to share it with anyone out there who cares! (Lea, did you check that box?)
These little cuties, the Plumpkin and her brother, are two of my grandchildren that I share with another quilter who is lucky enough to live close to them in Minnesota. Yes, both of their grandmothers are quilt freaks! Recently the other grandmother, Mary, started a blog of her own. Mary is a long arm quilter extraordinaire, and also keeps busy with her guild as well as Minnesota State Quilters. We both have entirely different interests in quilt fabrics and styles, and isn't that what makes the world go round?! She has done some fabulous work, I can tell you that! Currently she is into Paint Stiks. We will have to ask for photos! Go check out her blog and say hello!

9 comments:

Libby said...

Thanks for the gentle urging on no-reply comments . . . I for one love to answer questions, but have adopted a 'no-answer' policy to 'no-reply' questions.
Love the photo of the grands - they are just darling.

Saska said...

Yes, I'm stripping (You said it first) too....just slow at it!

Judy said...

I ditto Libby's request. I'll answer sometimes but only If more than one person asks something. Lovely grandkids picture...really special!

Kim said...

Marcie, please add Eileen to your stripping list--goodness knows I've had to upload the bargello photos! LOL! Here's her blog address in case you don't have it handy--thanks!:

http://www.myquiltingporch.blogspot.com/

Darcie said...

That picture of your grandkiddos is adorable! And what lucky grands they are...to have 2 Grams that are ever-so talented!

Enjoy your weekend!

Lea said...

I laughed out so loud!*LOL*
Yes, Marcie, I checked my box! :-)
BTW your grandchildren are so beautiful.This picture is very sweet.
Oh, I went to Mary's blog to say Hello. Her Christmas tree quilt is so beautiful and I love it. :-)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your grands are gorgeous! The Superbowl bargello is completely stunning, well done!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I am so glad I saw your scrappy trip, I for sure am going to make more! Heck if my uglies made a great quilt, think what some better fabrics would do!

Nana B said...

I think we have some pretty special grandkids. I have that photo done up large and on my frig. Thanks for the intro to your blog buddies, some have come to visit and that is super. Adding the email address was great, now I can hear from more people. I like the scrappy bargello quilts everyone is making. Mary