Monday, January 21, 2008

WANTED -- MODA FLAGS!



Help!!! Pictured is one of my patterns, Homeport, that I designed a few years ago. It still is a big seller here in Virginia Beach. As you can see from the cover, I include a flag in the package for the center. Well, I have finally run out of flags! The flags that I used were from Moda, and called Georgetown. Granted, this was several years ago, but if you know of any, or have any to spare, I would love to buy them. The flags were printed in rows, and each flag measured about 5-1/2" x 7".


The shop here will contact Moda on the chance that they might have an old bolt laying around. And I know I can provide directions for making a little flag, if necessary. However, people seem to really appreciate receiving the flag in the pattern. So please keep your eyes open! Maybe somewhere out in this wide world there are some Moda American Flags looking for a home! Thanks! --Marcie

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Marcie, I love a hunt. I'll be on the lookout for more flags for you.

floribunda said...

I visited a place in Reedsburg, Wisconsin a few years ago that had rooms full of older fabrics -- I think it was called Quintessential Quilts. You should also try Fabric Depot in Portland, OR. Good Luck!

Libby said...

I have some . . . let me do a little diggin' Heaven only knows when they last saw the light of day *s*

Mama Spark said...

I might have seen some at Margie's Country Store in Madison Indiana in their civil war repro section. Check out their website or give Margie a call. Good luck!

Sue said...

Try here, it says they have 26 yards: http://www.thousandsofbolts.com/index.cfm?currentpage=3&fuseaction=category.display&category_id=9&sort=sku&displaycount=9

Sue said...

Sorry, it looks like the entire web addy didn't show up, if you're interested you can just go to thousandsofbolts.com and do a search.

Gypsy Quilter said...

I have some Marcie; although, mine are not Moda. I'll measure them and see if they are what you need.

antique quilter said...

thats a great pattern!
Love that quilt, now I can see why you need that fabric!
it is so nice of you to include it in with the pattern.
Kathie

Unknown said...

What fun and then to find it. Kim told me about this last night and I'm just getting here. She had found it at Thousand bolts and had bought some herself. That is a really cute pattern and sure how easy to sell it with the flad for the center.

Mary Johnson said...

I can see why a pattern called Homeport would be a good selling one in the Hampton Roads area! Glad you found the flags - it is a nice touch to include them in the pattern.

Katie said...

That's a great pattern. My son is stationed in Norfolk. I'd love to make that for him. The order is coming. :-)