Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Little Sharing

Once in a while I get emails from people who have completed one of my patterns. I don't always get the time to show them all, but I got two recently that I want to share.

 This little cutie was made by Christelle Taquet. I happened to hear from Christelle because I saw another quilt that she made posted on Lynda Hall's blog, Primitive Pieces. I commented on how much I liked it and then heard from Christelle that she made one of my little quilts (Medallion Doll Quilt, above) and is working on another one. Apparently Christelle lived in Virginia Beach for a while and before moving back to France she stocked up on supplies at What's Your Stitch n Stuff, a LQS. Among her purchases were a few of my kits! It makes me happy to think of her in France stitching along on Patchalot Patterns! Thanks for sharing Christelle!
 I also heard from Michelle Condon, a fellow blogger from Quilts and Stuff. Michelle was in Millstone Quilts, in Mechanicsville, Virginia recently and bought a few of my patterns. She wrote to tell me about it, then later sent this picture of Stitchin' Time that she had completed! Nice job Michelle! By the way, Millstone Quilts will be featured in the next edition of the Quilt Shop Sampler magazine by Better Homes and Gardens (the American Patchwork and Quilting people). I always love to see the great shops they feature in that magazine!


On another front, I had the pleasure of speaking to the Colonial Quilt Lovers Guild yesterday in Camden, North Carolina. I had such a great time and really felt welcomed in their midst! My husband asked if I was going to another support group, and yes, it is something like that, except we kind of encourage each other in our addictive habits. I spoke a little bit while I showed my quilts. Heaven knows that is an easy format for me! I also have to say how impressed I am with the good work they are doing in supplying quilts to Project Linus, and baby quilts to a local hospital as well. Quilters just overwhelm me with their goodness and generosity! Thanks ladies for a great day!





9 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Marcie, those quilts look fabulous. To think of your quilts being made in France. Congratulations on your guild speaking engagement! You are on a tear, girl!

Anonymous said...

How fun to see your patterns coming to life in another's hands; I'm glad they shared photos for us to see!!

Janet said...

Both quilts are so lovely! Your great patterns make for great quilts :0) Lucky ladies in North Carolina. I'd love to have been in the audience.

Michelle said...

Awww...I feel honored to have my Stitchin' Time showcased on your blog! I actually finished the 2nd one just last night, too! It's been so stormy that I haven't taken pictures yet, but I will soon. Have a great week!

Linda said...

How wonderful those little quilts turned out!Project Linus is my favorite charity to work for as well...I love being a blanketeer!!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

What a joy filled post! Sounds like you are busy. I still wish I could see you in Houston..maybe find time for a cup of coffee. :( Perhaps you have changed your plans????

Pat

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I LOVE both of them! In the second one I love how the bright pink and orange works together!

Angie said...

I love both of those little quilts---and have BOTH of them in various stages of construction myself. :D If I ever get back to sewing and put the garden tools away, maybe I'll get them finished up too. :)

Marcie, I'm really concerned about you, my sister/family in Hopewell, Va, and my other friends on the Eastern Coast. I hope you are in the middle of serious preparation for Hurricane Irene. It sounds like you are really going to get thrashed. Oh please be safe, dear Marcie. Sending love and hugs,
Angie

Karen said...

I really like the photo that shows the old sewing machine with the quilt to the side. Well, not just the photo. Both quilts too.