Saturday, April 02, 2011

Say Cheese!

I just wanted to share this quilt one more time! Mary Flynn of Quilt Hollow did the fabulous quilting on it and my friend Joan sewed down the binding for me. I have the best friends! 
 I have been trying to come up with a pleasing name for this quilt. In light of the flaming cheddar fabric I have come up with "High Noon" as in the 1952 cowboy movie, "Burnin' Daylight", as in the 1972 movie, "The Cowboys", with John Wayne. Remember that quote, "We're burnin' daylight"? My current idea is "Prairie Fire", which I think makes the most sense, as it is easy to say and hopefully, to remember. Any thoughts on this? (My husband suggested Blazing Saddles! What can I say, we are cowboy freaks!)

This week I got an email from a customer of mine who sent me a photo of a quilt she made from the Indian Paintbrush pattern. I am always pleased to see how people put themselves into my designs. 


Edwina Wagner calls her version Cara's Sunshine Quilt. She made it for her granddaughter who moved from California to Seattle. Having lived in Seattle, I totally understand the need for a sunshine quilt!  Well done Edwina! I can see why Cara loves it!



14 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's a beautiful quilt! I especially like your use of cheddar - Mary's quilting is fantastic too!

Mary Lou Casada said...

Blazin' Daylight!? :-D
It's gorgeous!! Cheddar is always bedder! :-D Isn't Mary just the best quilter? After seeing the quilts she's done for you, including the ones for the twins!, I sent her my log cabins and fans, and it's to die for. She took my ordinary quilt top and made it phenomenal. She takes your phenomenal quilt tops and makes them stellar!! Beautiful, as usual!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Unknown said...

Love both quilts. I think you've come up with a winning name for yours!

Michelle said...

I love your new quilt...all the names you suggested are awesome. It's a tough decision!

Elaine Adair said...

Again, you've made another beauty!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hey, I like the name Blazing Saddles! And the sunshine quilt is wonderful!

Carol said...

It's just beautiful...the cheddar setting squares are awesome...Blazing Saddles...how fun! Love the sunshine quilt!

Anonymous said...

You would think since I quilted that wonderful quilt that I would have a name! The only thing that pops into my head is Beddar with Cheddar and I think you may have said something like this awhile back is why is stuck!
Dang...this is a beauty of a quilt that would have found a good spot in home!
Can I ask...is this the pattern cover shot?

Lori said...

I'm terrible at naming quilts, but I sure love this one!

onlymehere said...

Both names work for me! The quilt is so beautiful and Mary does such beautiful work. How great to have a friend to do the binding too.

Janet said...

What a lovely Indian Paintbrush quilt - it is very sunny :0) Your cheddary star quilt is wonderful by any name.

Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful. Blazing Stars would be my choice. kelley

Jeanne said...

Prairie Fire sounds like a winner to me. I love that quilt!

Sandra said...

I love Prairie Fire, and the quilt is beautiful!