Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Here's to Good Friends!

I really should go to bed, but what I want to do is watch TV and relax, but what I am gonna do is post something because it has been over ten days since I last posted. I know you must miss me, right? I feel like my butt is attached to the desk chair this week. I have been on the computer non-stop. So much to do! And more this week than others because I AM GOING TO MARKET IN HOUSTON AND I WILL HAVE A BOOTH! Yes! I finally got kicked good and hard (in the butt again) by Holly who owns the shop that I love here in Virginia Beach. She is going to work the booth with me, so how could I say no? My heart is aflutter, and I am hoping that is a good thing. Meanwhile, there are flyers to be made and patterns to be written. I spent yesterday printing oodles of patterns and today I stuffed envelopes. I am at a loss as to what to expect and how much to take. How do I display things when I am so far from home? Etc., etc. I am totally taking advantage of friends where ever I can. It is good to have friends!



 Now, on a totally unrelated subject, my cousin, also named Holly, just had her 50th birthday. To her it is a big deal, to me it is a walk down Memory Lane. Fifty was a great age, in retrospect, so enjoy it cuz, because it does not, or shall I say will not, get any better! Anyway, Holly has some wonderful friends that she has had since birth, I think, or at least since early childhood. They are all very talented stitchers and quilters. They made her the most amazing quilt for her birthday, and I want to share it with you. 


 I am seeing some really ugly fabrics that I adore!
Is there anything sweeter than sour colored fabric?


 True friends, indeed!
The detail in this quilt is wonderful!



 Beautifully designed--not sure by whom.


 Beautifully crafted by those named above.
Isn't it wonderful!

OK, now I guess I must go to bed with no TV. I feel like I am being sent to my room. But all is well!



13 comments:

Darlene said...

Congratulations on your upcoming trip to Market in Houston. WooHoo!

I believe your cousin's quilt is a pattern designed by Leanne Beasley in AU (there may be some artistic changes but it's her basic design) I could be wrong. LOL

sewprimitive karen said...

Best of luck in Houston, Marcie!!

Carol said...

Very exciting! Best of luck to you in Houston!

Yvonne said...

Way to go Marcie.....how exciting!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your upcoming trip to Houston! Your cousin's quilt is amazing...what great friends she has! :)

Janet said...

Good for you! Your patterns are wonderful, I think going to Houston with them is a great idea! I can imagine your booth filled with your beautiful quilts :0)
Your cousin's quilt is very lovely!

Anonymous said...

That quilt for your cousin is great! Congratulations on choosing Houston! That's a great venue. You will barely have time to look at anything yourself, I predict. Good luck with lots of pattern sales! I can't imagine you won't have them.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Congrats on the booth..you are going to knock their socks off! :o)

Kelli said...

Marcie - how wonderful is your cousin's quilt! A definite labor of love by dear friends. Best wishes on The Market - do keep us all posted on how things go!

Unknown said...

Great News, Marcie, You will have a ball in Houston, Just be sure you take plenty. Let the world see all the great patterns now.

Dawn said...

Congrats on your booth and I hope you do well. Darlene is correct - this is a quilt by our Australian designer Leanne Beasley of Leanne's House - she has many many patterns of quilts and the like which incorporate stitchery.
Kind regards .....

julieQ said...

Here is to you!! Congratulations on going to market...you will do so great!

Barb said...

That is one amazing quilt!