Friday, May 28, 2010

STAR STRUCK

 

 This should catch your eye, it sure caught mine! 
My friend, Joan and I were at Market in Minneapolis last week and we had an absolute blast! To say we were star struck is an understatement! Once we found Lori Smith's booth, above, I realized that this must be what heaven looks like--for me at least! Lori is so sweet and so genuine, and as you can see, more than a little prolific in her quiltmaking. I do not know how she does it!


Joan could not wipe that grin off her face when we came to Robyn Pandolph's beautiful booth. I think Joan has every fabric Robyn ever designed. And just look how Joan's outfit blends in with Robyn's fabrics. How sweet is that!

And we had the pleasure of meeting the Wool Crazy lady, Jo Ann Mullaly. I told her I was following the round robin that she is doing with Brenda at the Pumpkin Patch. You should check it out--really adorable project! I promised myself I would not get caught in the wool crazy world, but alas, I fear it is too late. Joan and I each came home with Jo Ann's book and more wool!

At lunch I had the pleasure of sitting next to Joan Hawley of Lazy Girl fame! In the photo she is holding one of her wonderful bags that she designs. She has an amazing business and was so nice about sharing tips and information with us. Lunch on the first day was one of the best things! We sat at a big round table and met a few shop owners with whom we traded cards. One couple came from Norway! Any of you Norway bloggers know Kaktus Quilts ?
We ran into the girls from What's Your Stitch n Stuff over and over again! Sandra and Sue! It was so fun to see familiar faces! We are standing at the Marcus Fabrics booth here.

I have more to add, but I think I will just let this settle for a while. I came home so excited to create! Now I must go do it!



12 comments:

paulette said...

Marcie!! I think you had WAY too much fun without us!! But got to admit I REALLY enjoyed the pictures...thanks for sharing!
Paulette

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow oh wow! What a time you had!!

Kim said...

Looks like you did have a blast! I just love Lori! She used to live here in SD and we were in the same small group. Her work has always been aMAZING. I'm like you, I don't know how she gets it all done, besides little sleep! ;o)

Cathy said...

It must be cool to meet the stars of the quilting world! Thanks for the pictures and your commentary.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Look at you and Joan, hob-nobbing with celebs!! I know you two had a fantastic time! This inspiration will no doubt lead to wonderful quilts soon, I can't wait to see what you'll be creating next.

Karen said...

You sure made the rounds. I really would like to know how Lori Smith gets so much done. Does she do it all herself or have help?

Kelli said...

Oh Marcie - what a wonderful trip! I can only imagine how great it was to see everything in person - thanks for sharing and putting in links. Do join us for the Wool Crazy - we are all working at our own pace and encourage one another - lots of fun!

pat said...

Bliss! Quilts, more quilts, even more quilts--fabric, inspiration, and friends. And on top of that, you got to be back in Minnie-soda. ;-) Sounds delightful, Marcie!!

*karendianne. said...

How perfectly delightful, Marcie. I'm so happy you got to go hang out and see and be with all the good stuff!!! This is your place to be for SURE.

I'm also really pleased to secretly know you had a nice, warm message waiting to greet you when you came home because your silly friend *karendianne. just can't stand it!!!

Janet said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'd have loved to see Lori Smith's booth. Tell us more! :0)

Lori said...

That looks like a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you....would have been in heaven to see all Lori's patterns up close and personal like! Do tell more...loot..tellme about loot!!