Saturday, April 26, 2008

OPERATION CHAOS

This is what my sewing table looks like when I have too many projects going and can't make a decision about which one to work on. The good news is that I actually cleared it off today and sewed quilt backs together for three quilts. I still have to finish the third one because I was using up big and small pieces from my stash and it was taking forever! I leave tomorrow for Arizona and I am taking three projects to my quilter there. Hopefully I will be able to bring one or two back quilted! QUILTED! Isn't that the best feeling?! My Prairie Paisley project is all packed (there I go again)! I have all the stars completed and all the sashing units and hopefully I can assemble it while at my son's house.




I did complete this little cutie this week. It is a design by Cheri Saffiote-Payne and I saw it on Dawn's blog last year and fell in love with it. Last week Melanie from Covered Porches and Wooden Screen Doors showed her version, which is also very cute! Then my friend Karen at Sew Primitive got in the act. I really had to race to finish it before Karen because she dove in so fast. Luckily she didn't know I was racing with her! Ha! Yea, I won!
Well, you will notice that each of us changed a little something from the original design. It is fun to see what each person has done to make it their own.

When this project was almost completed I went to the Country Loft website and ordered two more of Cheri's patterns! I am really loving these primitive-folk art quilting projects!

Well, that's it for now. Next time you hear from me I will be posting from Arizona! Hasta la vista Baby!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your Cheri's quilt, I'm in love with her work that I have just discovered. I like to see you mess in your sewing room,I'm like you, somteimes I can't make a decision about which project I wish to work on..and spend a lot of time with hesitations...Have a good trip to Arizona !

sewprimitive karen said...

Always love to see other people's sewing rooms, why is that? Marcie, I ordered some Saffiote patterns from Country Loft, too! I am a copy cat :-). Waaaah I didn't want to lose the Saffiote race but you beat me lol. However, the upside is that I can copy your saying on your Saffiote hnh hnh. Bon Voyage to AZ, Marcie!

May Britt said...

Chaos in my sewingroom too. And in my projects. So I have to make som real organizing ing there now.
Your Cheri log cabin quilt is soooo cute. Tempting me to make one too from the civil war scraps I have received. Have to look up her other patterns too.

Carol said...

Looks like you're having some fun! Love your Cheri quilt...Happy Scrappy Day...I love it!

Polly said...

Love the little quilt Mom it is super cute!!! I wish my sewing room was a mess from sewing and not children digging!

Carin said...

Glad your sewing room is in the same state as mine :O)
Your litte quilt is so darling I LOVE the off center log cabins.

Darcie said...

I think that we can all relate to your "creative chaos." I am in a bit of a sorting mood...pressing all of my rumpled up strings and setting them nicely into bins. Just so that I can rummage around and make a mess again! ;-)

Safe travels to you, Marcie!

Libby said...

If it's not messy - you're not being creative enough *s* Have a great time in AZ.

Fiona said...

Adorable little quilt - and your sewing room looks normal to me ;-)

Cheryl said...

Great Cheri quilt and nice to see your sewing space. My friend Carol, who is a pediatric intensive care nurse, borrowed the pattern My Happy Place that I got from you. She is making it to go in the playroom at the hospital. I'll make sure to send you a picture when it's done!

Mar said...

Have a good trip, love your little quilt!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Just love your happy, scrappy! Enjoy your time away, be safe and we'll all be hare waiting until you return!

Unknown said...

Arizona?!
come see me in Utah, it's only a few hours more!
:)

julieQ said...

Love your applique on patchwork! Lovely quilt...

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh baby! I LOVE your version of the little quilt! And you bought more patterns! WAHHHHHHHHH - I want more patterns. No wait, I want more time to do more patterns!

Cara said...

Love your happy scrappy quilt! Hope your trip is a good one.

Karen said...

I have several Cherie patterns. You did a good job on yours. I am going to go check out the other ladies quilts right now.

Karen said...

I love your "Embrace the Day" quilt! Very cute and colorful. Hope I can find the pattern as I'd love to make this!

Have a great trip!

ForestJane said...

That looks great! I love the 'have a happy, scrappy day' written in the border. :)

Stina Blomgren said...

Love your chaos...it feels like home...;D
And I love your new little cutie...have to confess...I bought the pattern one month ago...so I will do it tooo...*S*