Friday, October 19, 2007

DESIGNER DILEMMA

I took the poll down, but sure enjoyed your input! Be sure to go to my website for the link to the instructions for any of these versions of this quilt!

What do you do when an idea keeps mutating? This is where I drive myself crazy. There are so many directions that this design could take at this point. EQ allows me to appraise each idea before I decide which to make. Even then, there is no right or wrong answer, just a personal preference. These are just three examples of what I have been considering. This finishes at 24 inches. Do you have a favorite arrangement?


I am going to try to write directions for this and get it up on my web site as a free pattern. Hopefully this weekend. Then if you want to make this, you can decide on your own ending!

Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

Libby said...

Wow - it's a difficult choice, but I think I like the third option most. The final border looks like a candy cane *s*

Paula, the quilter said...

Ha! Libby beat me to it! The third one is my favorite too, and for the very same reason.

Ms. Jan said...

They are all great, but I like the repetition of the pinwheels in number one.

Gypsy Quilter said...

I REALLY like the first one. Yup!

Elaine Adair said...

They're all great, but the candy-cane like border is my favorite for Christmas.

dot said...

Wow, I will certainly appreciate the pattern directions. My favorite border would be the red/white stripes.

Unknown said...

I love the 1st one, the pinwheels just make it.

Vicky said...

Well, I like them all!!! Wow!

Vicky said...

And I voted for them all! LOL

GREAT JOB on these!!

sewprimitive karen said...

I like all of them, but the candy stripe is so cute!

Tazzie said...

They're all just super cute Marcie, it's really a tough call!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Kim said...

I like them all too, Marcie, but my eye is happiest seeing that pinwheel repeated in the border. When I saw the first part the other day, my thought was that if I was making it, I'd repeat the pinwheel. I'll look forward to seeing the directions--I think this would be a really cute, fairly fast little table topper!

Darcie said...

You're so clever! How'd you do that voting thing?! It was a tough choice...but to me the third option has so much movement and liveliness. I love that one...even though they're all terrific!

Happy piecing!

Unknown said...

So cute Marcie, I love the candy cane stripes. So Christmasy

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love them all, but if I had to choose I would pick the pinwheel corners. I already voted!

Rose Marie said...

That's the beauty of EQ ... so many versions and I can't decide as they all have great borders!