Thursday, September 27, 2007

WEIGHING IN


So that's my problem! I can't believe I was doing it wrong all these years!
My friend sent me this recently--if only! Yes, I am back from my trip and ate way too much! You didn't hear me saying, "no thanks", though. My son came in one night at 10:00 with an ice cream and brownie concoction from Cold Stone Ice Cream. That had to cost me 5 pounds right there! So now it's time to stop eating and bite the bullet. Hmmm, I wonder if there are flavored bullets? Chocolate, for example.
I had a lovely time visiting family and two weeks went quickly. I did visit The Quilted Apple, a nice shop in Phoenix. The owner of the shop, Judith Vegso, is a real sweetheart. I picked up my two newest quilts from my quilter and took them to show her. She bought a dozen patterns, so I left happy! I will get photos up soon. The Quilted Apple has a wonderful supply of hand dyed wool. Of course I had to purchase some of that. They had several shades of every color, and in plaids and checks! So if you are in the Phoenix area and wonder where to go for wool, check out The Quilted Apple! More on that later. I just wanted to pop in and say hello. Now I really need to get the binding on a quilt I just got back so I can get photos!

9 comments:

Shelina said...

Congratulations on your sale Marcie! And on your buys!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Glad you are home safely. Looking forward to seeing the new quilt.

Darlene said...

Oh for Pete's Sake I forgot all about you being in town. Next time I'm just going to give you my phone number so YOU can call ME. I would be happy to drive you all over town.

I'm so sorry, Marcie, obviously I keep my brain in my back pocket and sit on it most of the time.
Please forgive me!

Granny said...

Hey, I think I've been doing that weighing thing wrong too! :) I did walk a mile tonight. Too bad I don't do that every night, huh?

Kim said...

Welcome home, Marcie! I've missed you!

Kairle Oaks said...

Glad you had such a nice trip, Marcie. Welcome back...we've missed you!

Unknown said...

Welcome home. Glad to see you have those new quilts and patterns done. Love the quilt design.

Jeanne said...

Welcome back, Marcie! I'm glad you had a nice visit, sold some patterns and enjoyed your ice cream. :-) Cute cartoon.

sewprimitive karen said...

I have to remember to print that cartoon out tonight and put on my fridge, it's too cute.