Monday, May 07, 2007

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD


I think I am done! At least I am done with the houses. I have them all assembled and now I have the border to do, but I am putting that off for a while so my friends can catch up with me. At least that is my excuse. I really just need to take a break and work on other stuff for a while.


This is the UFO that I am working on. I have had these blocks made for a while and need many more 9-patches to finish the quilt. I love 9-patches. They are totally mindless and always look so cute. I am using scraps and drawing on my stash to build the blocks. If I can weasel in any little homeless piece, I do! I will show more on this as I progress. I am also working up my little eagle in wool, so we shall see how that goes. I am a hands on designer. If I could only create it in my mind and then reproduce it! But no! I have to make part of a design and then let it stew to see what will come next. It is a slow and painful birth! The good news, and the bad news, is that I have no deadline, if you get my drift.
By the way, I just thought I should take a minute to mention that I haven't ever added any blogs that I read on my sidebar. The reason is that I read so many blogs (though not every day) that I am afraid I would leave someone out and I don't want anyone to feel bad. I really enjoy and appreciate all of you! I am a member of the Stash ring, and am connected to all of those quilters through clicking on that. I also have an extensive list on Bloglines that I go to. If you like to cruise blogs and haven't connected to Bloglines, just click on the icon on my sidebar and you can sign up. It is easy! This enables you to list all the blogs that you like to visit. It shows which blogs have updated entries. You can go there and click on your favorite blogs anytime.
Did you get a laugh out of my dog and cat diary post yesterday? Someone sent it to me I got a kick out of it. It really fits those animals, doesn't it? Have a happy day!

13 comments:

Libby said...

Can I come live in your neighborhood? It looks terrific, but those UFO blocks are looking pretty good,too.
Love the pet post - it couldn't be more true.

Fiona said...

The neighborhood looks charming, there's a lot of work in those houses! BTW I have now read the first 3 Maisie Dobbs novels, just waiting for 'Messenger of Truth' to come out in paperback here in the UK on 17th May. I'm going to take them along to my book group on Thursday - I think some of the other members will like them too.

Leigh said...

I love those stars. You do such beautiful work :-)

Cher said...

great blocks and good for you to get your top to the border stage

Darlene said...

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood - an incredible neighborhood. Way to go, Marci!

I love the star blocks - can't wait to see your progress.

Marlublu said...

Marcie,your house blocks are beautiful.Did you hand applique or machine applique?How long did that take for you to finish?I"m being nosey.I love the detail you put into every block.Great job.Please post a pic when you're done with the quilt.

Linda C said...

Marcie, the house blocks have turned out wonderfully but I can't wait to see what you do with the nine patches in Ohio Star setting--that is probably not the right name for them. How big did you say they finished?

Judy said...

Marcie you did a fabulous job on the houses!! Just wonderful! I can understand wanting to do something different. I am finishing up 3 quilts and wanting *anything* new!!

Love the blocks. can't wait to see what you do!

Patti said...

Your Home Sweet Home is beautiful, wonderful, marvelous, etc. etc. I just love this quilt! I know what you mean about waiting awhile to do the border - that's the way I feel about my Heirloom Stitches.

I also know what you mean about nine patches. I think they are my most favorite blocks! The way you are using them for the centers of the stars is great. This is one of those projects that can just grow and grow as you work on it - and before you know it you discover you're having so much fun making the blocks that you've made enough for two quilts!

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

Those houses are so great. Are you making a border for it? Lovely as is...smile

I know what you mean about having to take a break from this. That's why quilters have so many projects going-never get board.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

You put Mr. Rogers neighborhood to shame...it is indeed a beautiful day in your neighborhood! Well done! The UFO blocks are stunning. I didn't know how to do the bloglines thing but may check it out here, if you say it's easy...!

YankeeQuilter said...

What a beautiful house quilt! Thanks for the tip on Bloglines. I had seen a lot of entries where folks say they use it but hadn't seen any where they said how to use it!

Jeanne said...

I love nine patches, too. They're my favorite block and yours looks great.