Monday, November 03, 2008

SPARKLING FRIENDS


Oh goodie! Two of my blogging friends have made the Christmas Sparkler quilt and shared it on their blog! The one above was made by Yvonne at Quilting Down the Stairs. She added a cute piano key border, which I think looks darling on it! Or maybe it is a quilty version of her stairs? LOL! Yvonne said she mostly used Cranberry Wishes and the stars are a Birchwood Lane fabric. I am always fascinated by the fabrics people choose because there are so many from which to choose



Good ol' Libby came through with a Christmas Sparkler as well. Libby is A Simple Girl, and we can always count on her for a primitive or homespun slant to things. She did use a bit of homespun in this quilt, but not as much as I thought she might. Looks good Libby dear! Libby has Christmas stockings in the works at her home and I want to decorate my fence with them as she has! Go take a peek!

Remember, if you make this quilt I would love to see it. The pattern is offered free on my website. I will put a gallery page up soon to display quilts of all who participate!

Get the Christmas Sparkler Spirit right here!

Hope to hear from you! Posted by Picasa


7 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Oh these are so lovely and INSPIRING. I just remembered I have something in my stash that would be perfect. I think its Woodrose in Winter or something like that. How fun! Thank you.

Idaho Quilter said...

I wish I didn't have so many irons in the fire right now, I would be so tempted to join in. I love the pattern.

winspears said...

Hi Aunt Marcie-
I have been meaning to call you. I was wondering how much you charge for a quilt? I was thinking of giving one to my mom and Mana Kathy. (Maybe we could add the names of all the grandkids?)
Let me know what the cost would be...and if you have any available.
Thanks a bunch!
Jenn

Anonymous said...

The above comment is so darned cute...can you whip them up?

Just a quick little post to say I've started Christmas Sparkler...and am nearly finished. It is just what I needed today...thanks to Wendy for asking me about it.

Janet said...

Hi Marcie,
I just finished piecing my Christmas Sparkler and I've posted a picture on my blog. It's so fun to see how everyone else is making this project. I really like Yvonne's border. Thanks SO much for a great pattern!

Libby said...

Isn't it fun to see all the sparklin' all around the 'net *s*

Becky Pitcher said...

oh! It makes me so happy to see all of this christmas quilts! It finally snowed today here, too! Hurray, it's finally winter!