Monday, November 10, 2008

FRIENDLY LITTLE STARS

I am so happy to see that a few of you are making your little Christmas Sparkler quilt well ahead of the seasonal rush! This cutie was made by Mary at Quilt Hollow in North Carolina. She even has hers quilted and hanging on a quilt rack! Nice going Mary! And thanks for sharing with us.

Remember this basket? This was the logo I used when I first began blogging two and a half years ago. I have had a blast reading your blogs and getting to know so many quilters. When I first began I was so clueless about the whole thing. I had seen a few blogs and found them to be so interesting and I didn't want to be left out. I soon realized that many bloggers seemed to be good friends. Gifts were being exchanged, personal e-mails, etc. I kind of felt more left out, actually. But I kept blogging and making comments on other blogs. I asked questions on my blog, and got comments from very helpful bloggers. One of the comments said that I needed to open my e-mail so people could write me back directly! (Ever hear that one before?) So I very bravely added my e-mail address. I even opened a new g-mail account for this. Turns out it was no big deal! Lots of other advice came my way as well. I still have questions from time to time, and I know someone will come forward and help me out. AND, I have "met" some lovely ladies as I continue to blog and exchange ideas and inspiration. My sidebar contains a list of many of you, and there are many more out there. Many of you laugh along with me as I make my silly jokes. I appreciate that. As I told one friend the other day, laughing alone is no fun. So my whole point is this: all you quilt bloggers out there, I appreciate you and enjoy your friendship. Thanks for reading my humble blog and for leaving your nice comments. These Friendship Stars will always remind me of all of you!


Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Marcie....such a treat to see my little quilt on your blog! I had the quilt on the bar to take the photo....it has a wonderful home in a perfect basket! Also...what you wrote with regards to blog buddies, exchanging gifts, feeling left out etc and so forth...I could not have said it any better! I found you!!

*karendianne. said...

What a lovely post. You left out the part about what a refreshing breath of creativity you are, giving and inspiring and just a down right good Soul. We are all blessed to know you and call you our friend. ...On another note but related --- I'm wondering who is paying you to know me because we all know I can be an embarrassment to the quilty family! (addt'l proof of your warm heart)

A little on tilt with Love, *karendianne.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marcie, it's always a pleasure to visit you , your work is very inspiring, thanks for sharing it with us ! pamina

Tazzie said...

Hi there Marcie
What a lovely post. I've so enjoyed getting to know you, and count you among my buddies :-) Your blog isn't humble hon, it's just darling, filled with inspiration and humour.
Here's to continued friendship!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

julieQ said...

I loved this post! And want to sew my little version of your twinkling quilt, and it is all cut out and just beckoning to me! Thank you again for making such a lovely pattern for everyone.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Love all the little sparklers! Oh if only I could find more time!

Janet said...

What a great post Marcie! I too was very pleased to see my Christmas Sparkler quilt on your incredible blog. I've been boring my non-quilting friends and family about it all week :)

Stina Blomgren said...

A lovely post!! So well said!! :o)

Libby said...

True - so very true! I have found a world of friends that I didn't know were out there . . . until I started blogging. You have said it perfectly *s*

Julie in the Barn said...

Thanks so much for giving us your cute Christmas Sparkler pattern. I've made 2 and posted them and the link on my blog. It's people like you that make the quilt blogging world so much fun!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Marcie,
What a nice post....
I enjoy checking back if not daily, then weekly. I love to see all your new and different things...Keep up the nice work.
Peggy in NJ

Karen said...

I don't always comment, but I always read! I agree, bloggers and quilters are so nice!

Karen

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a sweet post! I agree, having a blogging community of virtual friends is wonderful.

Idaho Quilter said...

Just dropping by to sa Hi. I have been trying to find the time to make your Christmas Sparkler, it's on my to do list. Does that count? I enjoy seeing what others have done.

Wendy said...

What a sweet post, you said it so nicely. I never thought I would make such awesome friends and I'm so happy I jumped on the wagon of blogging. The Christmas Sparkler is a great pattern, thanks for sharing your talents.