Thursday, November 20, 2008

AT THE SPEED OF LIFE

Can you believe it is Thursday? I hate how fast my life is speeding past. You know how they say that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die? Maybe that is what's happening. My life is flashing by. Boring, but fast. Pretty soon I will be dead and this picture of me sitting at the computer in my bathrobe will flash before my eyes. Oh mercy!




Meanwhile, I have a few things in the works! I bought a yard or so of some dishtowel fabric made by MODA of all things! My LQS had it a while back. One of the designs that I ordered from Primitive Stitches fit perfectly in the center between the stripes. The Moda dishcloth is wonderful to embroider on. Of course it is, it's Moda!
Be sure and check out Primitive Stitches if you haven't been there before!

Also, I have another project I am preparing for a gift exchange. I made this earlier in the year for myself, and I love it, so hopefully someone else will love it also. I know that a few of you can recognize what this project is just from this photo! (Dawn-for sure!)

The holiday season has burst upon us, and not being much of a shopper any time of year, I avoid the stores as much as I can this time of year. I am not one of those that feels it is my patriotic duty to spend. Instead, my husband and I "throw money" at our grandchildren, and they spend it the way they want to. My gift ideas of socks, underwear and books just don't go over! LOL! But they do like the ornaments that I make for them every year, so those are in the works and I will show pictures of them soon. My contribution to making the season jolly!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the pattern of that quilt.. it's very simple, but beautiful. props to the quilter.

Anonymous said...

Oh my....liking what I see ALOT!

quilterpolly said...

I love the dish towel that came out so cool!!

Judy said...

I recognize that Cheri pattern, i have one in my quilt pile! Looking good!

Wendy said...

I have several of the primitive stitches patterns and love them all. I've only stitched 2 of her designs, I should do more...if only I had a few extra hours in a day. The quilt is so cute, that's one I've wanted but having seen it at our local shops.

I'm with you on the shopping thing.

sewprimitive karen said...

I'm afraid socks, underwear, and books are what usually occur to me too! Looking forward to seeing your ornaments.

Janet said...

I LOVE your dishtowel! Moda made dishtowel fabric??? :0) It's the perfect stichery for it! I like your mini quilt too - it will be a wonderful gift - fun to make and lovely for the one who gets to receive.

Nana B said...

Oh that little quilt is so cute, what a great way to use up scraps, oh that's right that's your favorite thing to do. What a cute, easy pattern, is it one of yours? I don't recognize it.

Libby said...

You've got it right . . . it's not the money you spend but the memories you make. We quilters do our part (in the economic sense and other ways, too, I suppose *S*) year round by filling our cupboards with all the new and delicious fabrics that fill the shops.

StitchinByTheLake said...

I NEED that fabric Marcie - thanks for showing it! blessings, marlene

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh yeah! I know what it is! And it looks great! I just love that pattern! And the embroidery on the towel is AWESOME!

*karendianne. said...

Firstly I've yet to spy such cool fabric for toweling. I will have to ask my shop about this. I am already in the midst of imagining how wonderful this feels to make. I love embroidery but really, I just dont want to get back into that. Stop me, somebody please, please stop me.

Secondy, I LOVVVE the project you're preparing for a gift exchange. I'll bet it's a lucky person that gets to exchange with you!

Lucky Logs of Love, *karendianne.