Monday, November 17, 2008

LEAD BALLOON

Apparently my idea of a continuing story has gone over like the proverbial LEAD BALLOON! But, as I am not able to let go of this idea, I decided to add another verse myself. Heck, maybe I will write my own silly continuing story. Feel free to jump in at any time... You are all being much too shy.
This is where we last left off:

Far away, on a warm, tropical island, King William lay with his head in the lap of a long-haired, dark eyed beauty. What need had he of quilts in this perfect temperature? He found himself thinking less and less of the Royal Hearth, the kingdom he'd left behind, or the Queen of Quilts. Was it an enchantment? (Added by Susan-Desert Sky Quilting)

But alas, no, for he was already growing weary of the fair maiden. Beautiful to look at, lovely to touch, but other than that, she was really not much. Pushing his disappointment aside, the king rose and wandered further down the beach. Still searching for something, but what it was, he knew not. (added by mp)

Back to reality, I find that it is one month until I leave for Arizona for Christmas! EEEK! I have little ornies to make for my grandchildren, a gift for the LQS Christmas party exchange, Sparkler quilts for my daughters. Oh me, oh my! I have been working on a few things, however. Take a look at these cute little gingerbread men from Primitive Stitches! I just couldn't resist ordering the pattern and stitching up a little "bread cloth". There are so many darling things on that site! You will love it!


Christmas Sparklers are still in the works at my house. Everyone who has made this little quilt has found it to be fun and easy! Claire from Newport News, VA made this one. Claire added another blue to hers and don't the stars and snowballs just pop! Claire does not (yet) have a blog, but Claire, feel free to leave a comment any time! And thanks for sharing your quilt with us! All the quilt pictures that I have received thus far are on my website in the Sparkler Gallery.



6 comments:

Donna said...

i am just not much of a writer or I'd love to play.

*karendianne. said...

...he knew not until he saw the sign and the lights! "The Wild Boar" ~ surely they would bow down the their new king William the Conqueror. All he wanted, after all, was fresh bread and a tankard of ale. He knew he still had to do battle with the man from the Scottish Highlands over the wench. Pretty lass she was, too!

Liz said...

I want a 'sparkler quilt' for Christmas!! Can you adopt me?

Anonymous said...

Isn't Rhonda's stitchery designs pretty?! I have several I bought last winter....I know they are up in the quilt studio somewhere....but where? I tucked them in a manilla envelope....would you believe seeing yours reminded me of them! UGH Behind again!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Ooo - I have never seen that website! I like it!!!!!

Wendy said...

Isn't the patterns at Primitive Stitches so adorable, I have several and only done 2 so far.
I've seen the Christmas Sparkler around a few blogs, it's a awesome quilt for the season.