Monday, October 22, 2007

TREES ON THE TABLE

It has been fun getting so many opinions on this quilt. I played around yet again and came up with this option. I like it a lot, but then I liked all the other versions as well! So I just had to make a decision, and since the response was pretty much half and half, this one works for me. It finishes at 24" square. If you want to make it, I have spent a couple days writing directions. Believe me, you can make the quilt faster than that! Go to my web site and click on the free pattern link on the right side of the opening page. If you make this quilt I would love to have you send me a photo to post on my web site. Deal?



Saturday I went over to the LQS to see a quilt that one of the ladies (BC) made from my pattern, Pioneer Trail. It turned out really great! Several of the quilters have a Friday Bee that meets at the LQS and they did a block exchange using this pattern. They asked me to come to their meeting in January to see all the quilts that they completed from this pattern. I am excited to see them. I told them each person with a completed quilt can choose one of my patterns. This is the first one that I have seen completed. Yes, it needs binding, but essentially, it is done. BC has made at least two others of my patterns that turned out really neat. Last year she made Christmas Kisses from Judie Rothermels Spirit of the Season line, and she made Quilt Jam in pinks and browns. Both are gorgeous!
Hopefully you can enlarge those photos for a good look!











13 comments:

Darcie said...

Oh are they ever delightful! That must just bust your buttons, Marcie! ;-) How fun!

Love your *two foot trees*...all warm and cozy in fabric now! Great job!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the quilt phots...can't wait to see what you do with that colorful wool. colleen in South Africa

Kim said...

I love your Christmas Kisses pattern, Marcie. I'm really partial to anything that looks like red and white peppermints! Of course, all of the quilts look great! I bet it's fun to see your patterns made up by other people. One of the gals in my Thimbleberries group made her wreath on her Hometown Christmas like I did mine--she clicked my photo to enlarge and followed what I had done. Even that was fun to see, so I can just imagine how proud you must feel!

Unknown said...

Love your finished design. Combinging the two with both the stripes and pinwheels was a great idea.

Love the other quilts also. How great to see what others do with your patterns. Looking at that gives me an idea to use some of my little HST. Could easily turn them into that block.

Darlene said...

All are real beauties!

I need to place an order for a few of your patterns - how long have I been saying that? LOL

Yvonne said...

I like it....you're so sweet to share it. You must feel great seeing your patterns come to life by others....great job Marcie!

Libby said...

I've printed off a copy of the pattern . . . hope to make one up and share a photo soon. You are such a dear to share your work *s*

Elaine Adair said...

Ohhh girl - sooo many pretty and not-difficult quilts to make - I want to do them all! Good job.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh very pretty! I like your newest option for your tree table topper!

Silverthimble said...

I love the table topper! Thanks for taking the time to share this pattern with us!

Unknown said...

I am following rabbit trails all over the place tonight and I ran into your blog. What a gift!

Thank you so much for the free patterns. I am so excited to start the trees on the table, and even to try the little faith-hope-love piece.

I am a relatively new quilter (took one class 28 years ago and made a small wall hanging and a few years later a basic, simple baby quilt,then nothing till this summer when I have been severely bitten by the quilting bug) and I am so happy to have experienced quilters give me help and tips and especially wonderful patterns FOR FREE.

Bless you.

Kairle Oaks said...

I love the way this turned out, Marcie! I think I may take Kim's challenge this weekend. Who needs a clean house anyway? LOL!

Hanne said...

Lovely quilts :-) Very inspirating.