Thursday, October 18, 2007

PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT


Aside from being glued to the computer to see what everyone in the world is doing on a daily basis, I have been doing a little sewing. I came up with this idea for a table topper a while back and finally had time to give it a whirl in actual fabric. This is what I have so far. (I just realized I wrote "whirl" about a pinwheel. Sometimes it takes me a while to catch up with my own cleverness.)


This is the block in EQ. It is 8" finished. I made the tree with the Tri-Recs Ruler. Now, if you are interested you can mess around with it on your computer and see what you think the next round should be. I have a plan, but it would be fun to get input. Do you EQ? :)


I am trying to limit myself on the computer as it seems my life could be spent in more productive ways. (She says with sarcasm). It seems that I have an addictive personality. I base that on all the same reasons that you, yourself, might have an addictive personality if you are back here reading my blog again. Apparently chocolate and Moda is not enough! A good start, but we want more out of life. I think a clone would be a great thing, actually. Another self who could follow directions and "giturdun", as Vicky says.
Speaking of chocolate and Moda, Kim was on that subject yesterday. She won a pack of fat quarters in a drawing. But really, you have to read Kim's version of it. She tells the story as only Kim can!

13 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh this is going to make an adorable table topper!

Darlene said...

That's adorable!

Cheryl said...

Marcie - love that table topper you are working on, very clever. I also seem to be spending too much time on the computer, but I just love these blogs. I suppose to be working on my lone star quilt for class tonight, but instead here I am!

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is really cute! Thanks for checking out our site. Good Luck

KC Quilter said...

What a darling little topper idea!!! You should sell the pattern.

Jeanne said...

Love your topper so far. I always look forward to your postings. I have EQ, but sadly don't use it enough to be able to play efficiently. I will change that!

Ms. Jan said...

What a cute and creative topper. I can't wait to see how it develops. Thanks for sharing!!

Pat said...

What a creative quilt! I can't wait to see what you do with it next. I called and ordered two of your patterns from What's Your Stitch n' Stuff after seeing one on Kim's blog. Looks like this will end up another one!

Jeanne said...

This is a really cute design! It could be adapted to be a tree skirt, too.
Jeanne

Libby said...

Another round? Heck, make it larger and you have a nice and quick holiday gift.

Kairle Oaks said...

Looks even better in "real life", Marcie. Can't wait to see what it looks like all finished!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

It looks great. Real Christmassy and makes me think of candy canes! What a great idea for the tri-rec rulers...hmm..going to remember that!

Kim said...

Oh, I love your table topper so far! I'm anxious to see what comes next. I don't EQ, but I have a vivid imagination! LOL!