Monday, October 01, 2007

OUR LITTLE FLYER

This is my darling granddaughter who I just visited in Arizona. She is into cheerleading and is the "flyer" in her group. That means she is the one who climbs to the top of the group and they let go and catch her. She loves it! She is eleven years old and bursting with energy. In the bottom picture I tried to catch a photo of her in a flip. The light isn't good enough, but she flips all over the place. I never was that light on my feet in my life. She definitely takes after her mother!

When this darling girl was much smaller she couldn't pronouce her "Rs" and she called me "Grama Mousie". Isn't that a riot? Don't you just conjur up a picture of a little mouse in a dress and bonnet sitting in a rocking chair and stitching away?

That's all for today--I'm off to the races!

8 comments:

Finn said...

Hi Marcie, good to have you home again!!! I'm sure AZ was wonderful and you had a marveous time with family...*VBS*
Gorgeous DGD....what I wouldn't give for one of those!! She really is adorable as well as beautiful.

Love, love, love the new pattern...fiddlesticks or wintergreen...both work for me! I think this is a "GOTTA HAVE" for me when they get published!!!
Love the colors you selected, but I am in desperate need of something for mid-summer, so I think maybe red, white and blue with a touch of gold will be my choice for colors.
Take care of you dear girl, hugs, Finn

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a positively precious young girl, and oh-- that energy! :) Thanks for sharing, Mousie!

CONNIE W said...

Your granddaughter looks so vibrant and cute! And talented to be able to be the flyer!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what fun pics of your granddaughter! There is no way I could have ever been a flyer!

Kairle Oaks said...

Oh, to have that much energy! She's definitely a keeper!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Mousie (!), wow, what a picture of her just flipping away. Oh, to be that healthy and young !

Susan said...

What a beautiful girl. You can really tell what she will look like as a young woman, and she will be even more beautiful.

Elaine Adair said...

Grama Mousie -- that name deserves a quilt! LOL