Monday, January 08, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Goodbye Arizona, hello Virginia! (That's the desert waving goodbye to me). I am finally back home! We had a great Christmas holiday with our four kids and six grandkids, my Dad, and other relatives. Also Lisa, our Hong Kong "granddaughter", was with us. Lisa took the cactus photo, actually. She has lots of desert photos to share with those back home in HK.

Unfortunately, some of us did get sick, and I am still feeling the effects of some flu bug. It never fails--we always seems to get sick at Christmas. Ugh!

I haven't been on the computer for almost a month and I have a lot of blog hopping to catch up on. I also am anxious to get back into my sewing room and "create"! So many ideas are spinning in my head that I really need to focus and decide where to start...and in some cases finish! I am doing a series of classes at the local quilt shop this spring that I am calling "Patchalittle Projects". (Remember my pattern company is Patchalot Patterns?) I have a project for January, the little medallion quilt I posted a while back, but I have to design a new center for it because I borrowed a bird from Jo Morton and obviously I can't give her design away. Then I have two more little projects to create for February and March. I always have lots of ideas that I want to do, but it is always a puzzle knowing what will go as a class. I found an interesting little doll quilt (blue and white) on a really cool website today. I love getting ideas from old quilts, so maybe something there will inspire me. Check it out, if you like. http://www.quiltstudy.org/about_us/index.html
Now I need to run some errands and accomplish something today. It will take me several days to catch up on everyone's blog.I look forward to seeing what you have been doing. Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Libby said...

I always think those cacti are waving at me, too *s*

Silverthimble said...

Welcome back! I love the catus picture!

Angie said...

Glad you're back, girlfriend! You were missed, but so glad you had a wonderful time!

Darlene said...

Those cacti are definitely waving. I'm glad you had a nice holiday in the desert. :-)

Judy said...

It should be fairly simple to design a nice black bird. I think I have about 6 patterns for them right now!

Like the doll quilt. I have a blue and white 2 color quilt on my list for this years goals. Big size though!

Hanne said...

Happy new year to you too. Nice to see you back.

Shelina said...

Welcome back and Happy New Year. My head is brimming with inspiration too. This doll quilt is lovely.

Sweet P said...

Welcome back! I love the picture of the cactus. Lisa took a great shot.

I like the name "Patchalittle Projects". Too bad I don't live closer to take classes.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great trip but it's always great to get home. I'll be anxious to see what you're 'creating'.

Judy L.