Saturday, January 27, 2007

EQ6


I have done some stitching this week. I need to get batteries for my camera and then I can show you my new Patchalittle Project. I love it! These digital cameras eat up the batteries, don't they? I prepared directions for my little bird medallion quilt for class. This is the EQ illustration. They have a wonderful new feature in EQ6 where you can just pop a picture from your computer photo file right into a block! I was so thrilled! I took a picture of my little birdie center, clicked the button, and presto change-o, it appears! It is so fun to learn something new that you can use. So much easier than cutting and pasting. I mean literally cutting and pasting! We all did that for years! Now I am making this little quilt for the fifth time! I already made two for gifts and one for me, and one for the shop to display. But now that I have changed the bird I am making another one for the shop. They go together so quickly. Especially whan you have made so many!
I started another little Blackbird Design project last night. It has an alphabet embroidered on it, so that has to be done first. Alma Allen says in the book that she just freehand emboidered it. I didn't have the confidence that I could do that, but I am doing it just fine. It is turning out well. Sometimes I just have to dive in, then I do better than I would have expected. I wonder where all the insecurity comes from?
Sometime, in between these projects that I just can't pull myself away from, I am going to have to clean my sewing room! It is out of control again. I love seeing everyone's work spaces in various conditions. Mine tends to get buried, but I can handle that for only so long. After a few months it gets to me. Ha! My husband has this joke about closing the door and pretending it is a closet. We are there.

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Which new Blackbird project have you started? I love their stitchery designs!
Jeanne :)

Joyce said...

EQ6 sounds like a lot of fun but I'd probably end up not getting aronud to actual quilting. I always use rechargable batteries in our digital camera. They cost more initially but are well worth it in the long run.

Darlene said...

Just popping in to say Hi as I work my way around the Stash Quilts Ring. I missed you in Arizona but I know you'll be back soon! :-)

mereth said...

Your little bird quilt is a sweetie! I love the combination of the pieced blocks with applique.
I went back through your posts and I love the photo of your design wall, I see you've made a lot more of the blocks that were in my quilt. They look great too, I'm still tempted to make another set of those blocks....

Susan said...

Love the little blackbird design, that's so cute.

One of the reasons I'm not trading in my digicam is that it has an ion battery. I charge it and it lasts all the way through a 1 GB disk, unless I'm using the flash a lot. Then I just charge it again.

Insecurity - I don't know about yours, but mine comes from experience. =)

Mary Johnson said...

That's a nifty new feature in EQ6. I've finally installed it but haven't looked around at any of the new features. I need to get the book out and read - I just kind of fumbled my way through my first couple quilts which were mainly just some adjustments in size to a couple patterns.

Libby said...

A messy workspace is a sign of much creativity going on . . . well, that's what I tell myself anyway *s*

Judy said...

Did you clean your sewing room? I need to go do that and am procrastinating!

Judy L.

Carol said...

Cleaning the sewing room is the worst...I'd rather be sewing :)