Monday, January 15, 2007

RESURFACING

I have had a yukky week. I was feeling better after my trip, then BAM, I got hit with a head cold. So my week has progressed slowly. Yesterday my husband made me leave the house and we went for lunch at Bubbas, a local seafood place on the bay. It was actually nice enough to sit out on the deck to eat, although it was quite breezy. But still, we are Minnesotans, and to sit outside in January is rather unheard of. I opened the widows at home in hopes of eliminating all my coughing germs. Nice to feel some fresh air. I am still on the nightly Nyquil routine, so my energy is lacking during the day. I know, it's only a cold and will pass. Thank Heavens!

I actually did some sewing yesterday. I have bounced around the blogs a bit and saw what Tonya and Bonnie were doing on their retreat. Such fun! So on the spur of the moment, I pulled a scrap box of florals out and started jamming. Not nearly as vibrant as what they were doing, but it was sure fun to do. No concentrating on blocks turning out just right, just totally free form. This is a fun project for when my brain is OTL. Actually, that is quite often the case.

I also got a kick out of Judy's blog showing her design wall. I agree, a bigger wall would be nice. My projects are getting laid out on the floor currently. But the wall shows WISPs that I really need to work on, so I leave them up to remind me. Life so often interrupts. Can you see my little bitty iron there? It is a new purchase and I love it. It is only about 6 inches big and perfect for pressing little pieces. Plus the whole big iron doesn't have to heat up the joint.
I have also been playing with my EQ6. My first thought upon loading the program to the computer was, "I think I am too old to keep learning new tricks". But after spending a good part of the day experimenting with it, I can say, "I know I am too old to learn new tricks". Really, I will need lots of training, but there is some really cool stuff on there. My work is cut out for me, so to speak.

16 comments:

Judy said...

I totally agree! If they are out in the open you keep them fresh in your mind and easy to think about! When they are tucked away they get forgotten! Well mine do anyway!

Everything look so cool and wonderful. Sorry you feel bad. Even us long time Virginians are sick of this warm weather in JANUARY!

Joyce said...

You design wall looks very inspiring. I love the tiny little iron. Is it a steam iron?

Angie said...

Girl, you have been 'gone' way too long!!! LOL Love that scrappy quilt, and I'll have one of each that's on your design wall, please! LOL And that iron is adorable!!! Does it have a solid bottom? NO steam holes? Who's it made by? ROFL Does this car have automatic transmission, yada yada yada. ROFL You've been missed, my friend!

Melanie said...

How cool-- the iron is pink!!!! I love the pastel crazy quilting... gives you spring fever wayyyyy tooooo soooon!

Libby said...

Those are some yummy looking projects you have up on your wall. Hope you're feeling better soon -- lingering head colds are the worst.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Feel better soon! The weather sure is crazy - inviting all kinds of bugs I am sure. Your sewing area looks great - lot's of fun projects going on. AND - your pastel crumb blocks is a great use of your scrap bag!

Cheers!

Evelyn

Carol said...

What wonderful projects on your wall...constant inspiration. I have one of those little irons and they are unbelieveable...I feel like a kid playing house with it but it sure works great. Really hot.

ForestJane said...

Hope you feel better soon - and surely that little crumb quilt in pastels is designed to cheer you up - Love the colors!

Elaine Adair said...

What fun to find your blog -- love all your projects on the wall. I don't have a wall at all, so they are wherever there is floor space, unfortunately.

Thanks for your visit to my blog also. Now, I am going to investigate your space a bit closer and add you to my BLOGLINES! I don't want to miss anything you are making! thing!

Quilting Kim said...

What wonderful quilts on your design wall, it must be constant inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

The quilts on your wall look gorgeous all together! What a dinky little iron - wonder if we have them over here :-)

Sweet P said...

I love your crumb blocks - great job! I only have a couple blocks and a baby quilt on my design wall right now.

I've seen those little irons. Are they good? Since I've started doing more travel I've been thinking about one myself.

Unknown said...

I love your colour/fabric combinations in those crumb blocks - so pretty

Shelina said...

Tonya and Bonnie's quilts did get me interested in this piecing, and your quilt has made it definitely on the list. I am definitely going to have to add this project on my to do list. Yours is beautiful.
You've got a terrific design wall, and beautiful quilts to look at while you are working.

Samantha said...

hope you feel better! Your floral crumbs are lovely :-)

Jenni said...

Love your WISPs. I have 2 up there at the moment, but I find I just look at them and go "uuuhhhh". Not today. I think they're getting too much exposure!