Wednesday, November 11, 2009

CHRISTMAS PUNCH

The Christmas holidays are fast approaching, and now we are all beginning to panic over all the things we still need to do. Maybe it is already too late for you to make this darling little Christmas quilt. However, if you are looking for an idea for a nice little gift for a special friend, try a little Christmas Punch! That is the name of this sweet little quilt that measures 22-1/2 inches square. The link to the free directions is at the top of my sidebar.

This pretty blue and white version was made by Dot at Rantala Rags. Dot has made one of my little Christmas designs each year for the past three years.

This little cutie was made by Karen from Sew Primitive. Karen has plenty of her own design creations to work on, so I was pleased when she made one of mine! Love it!

Elaine Adair took this design to a new level. She made a bigger block and set it on point for a totally different look. She is making hers for Quilts of Valor. What a wonderful quilt with a wonderful purpose!

This little quilt was made by Janet at Mrs. Sew 'n Sew. It is from last year's design, which can be found at the same link on my sidebar. I was pleased to see this on her blog the other day! She is finishing this one up from last year. Nice job Janet!

Are there any others out there that I have missed? I hope you will let me know if you have a Patchalot Christmas quilt in progress so I can share a link to your blog. Maybe these nice quilts will inspire you to make one as well.

10 comments:

julieQ said...

Alas, mine is still in pieces, but I love all these finishes!! Thank you again for the lovely pattern.

sewprimitive karen said...

It's fun to see one design in different colorways. Elaine Adair's is perfect for Quilts of Valor!

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoy seeing each person's fabric choices! Keep posting them!!

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoy seeing each person's fabric choices! Keep posting them!!

Janet said...

What wonderful variety from the same pattern. I hope I have time to make Christmas Punch yet this year but I want to finish last years' first :0) Thanks for the great patterns Marcie!

Janet said...

Wow, same pattern and such different looks. They are all wonderful but I'm partial to Elains colour scheme. What a thrill to see your pattern used to such great effects.

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Thanks for sharing everyone's creations! It is nice to see things in a different light.

Also, thanks for providing the tutorial for Christmas Punch! I am going to give this one a try.

Libby said...

I love this year's pattern - I have a little stack of fabric at the ready. I'm thinking maybe I'll make some little 'cups of punch' rather than the entire bowl *s*

Julie-Ann said...

I have the pattern printed out, but no fabric as of yet. I'm looking forward to making it, but after the holidays!

Anonymous said...

Hello Marcie, thank you for the gift of the free pattern...Warm Regards Lyn