Sunday, February 17, 2008

WELCOME TO MY WORLD


How many of you out there are going to the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest this week? It takes place at the Hampton Roads Convention Center beginning on Thursday, Feb. 21 through Saturday. If you are going I hope you will check out Nancy's Calico Patch booth (#412). My new quilt, Williamsburg Medallion, will be on display there. I made a model just for them. This one consists primarily of the fabrics from the Windham line.
Nancy is devoting their booth to Civil War era reproduction fabrics this year, and focusing on the Williamsburg fabric from Windham and the Jamestown fabric from Andover. I am excited to be able to participate. They will have a couple of my other quilts displayed as well, so stop and shop and say hello. Well, I won't actually be there except in spirit, but say hello to my quilts and Nancy!



Also, I am very excited about the quilt that Libby made using this pattern! If you know Libby, you know she loves all things primitive. Can you believe this is the same pattern??? She appliqued a pineapple in the center (ala Linda Brannock), added the Welcome, and there you go---it's a Libby quilt! This stuff just never gets old, does it?


When I was trying to think of seven things about me for my previous post I was talking about it to my husband. He suggested that I write about how I am really into quilts. (Turn on laugh track). I told him that everyone already knows that. It is why I have a blog. "But do they know how much you are really into it?" he asks. "Honey", says I, "They are ALL really into it"! This is what keeps us hopping to the computer between seams---so we can see if our friends posted any new quilts today!



Addendum: I didn't mean to imply that I won't be at Quilt Fest. I will be there all day Thursday browsing around quilts and vendors. I am not working the booth or anything like that. But I will be there! If you recognize me please say hello!


19 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I was going to the show this weekend. Just no way. I'm sure everyone will love your quilts and you will sell loads of patterns.

I love you hubby's comments.Mine doesn't even know I have a blog or knows what a blog is. Just so I don't talk about him. LOL

Jeanne said...

Marcie, I sure wish I could go to the quilt show and see your quilts and the new fabrics. I hope you'll be able to take pictures and share them with the less fortunate. VBG

*karendianne. said...

Marcie, Yummy. The more I see this quilt the more I love it. I want to make it now, too!!!

Libby did an AMAZING job of interpretation reflecting her own style. Gotta respect and admire that.

DH is silly. Does he know we talk to our fabric, too? Maybe some things we keep close to the chest!

Lunatic Fringe Love, *karendianne.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I'll be there, Marcie! You can bet I'll have a visit with your quilts and send my best wishes home to you through them. How's that? I wish you were going to be there, too!!

Carole said...

Unfortunately, I will not be at the quilt fest! Would have loved to see your creation in person. Lovely pattern. I do love what Libby has done with your pattern. I love primitive myself. Well, I love anything quilty! ;o) Keep well!

Libby said...

Boy how I wish I could just 'zip' across country and go to the quilt show. I bet ladies will be clamoring for your pattern *s*

Nana B said...

How come you aren't going to the show, it's close enough. It is a bit far for me though once my friend is in NJ, maybe next year. Thanks for tagging me for the "7" things, now I have to figure out what to put on my blog and who to tag. As far as DH, mine does know what a blog is, I told him, and he is so used to quilting in our house, it stretches from one end to the other. I really like what Libby did, it is hard to tell that it is your pattern, hmmmmm, maybe I need to do something using "my" kind of fabric. Soon......

Nana B said...

Ok, two in one day, but I put you down as the 7th person on my list of links, hopefully the other 6 will come and visit you. My choices are from the more "artsy" side of quilting and I hope they come to see you. Love to all

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Think both of your quilts are lovely.Have fun at the Quilt fest. Colleen adjusting from South Africa

julieQ said...

OOOohh pretty! Love those fabrics! have fun at the quilt show!

Val said...

Men - Aren't they so funny? I enjoyed your blog.

Yvonne said...

How exciting to have your quilts in their booth. :)
I love yours and loved what Libby did with hers.
Cute hubby....mine thinks about the same. :)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh have fun at the show! Can you believe I decided I need to buy fabric for my version! I dug through my stash but I don't have enough of what I really want - so darn, I have to buy some!

~Joan said...

You like quilting? Didn't your DH get a clue when you married a man with the last name PATCH?? Oh, I do crack myself up.

~Joan

Mary Johnson said...

I'm going to miss the show this year but my Mom, Aunt, and cousin will be going - probably tomorrow. My sister Deb has a quilt entered too.

How nice that your quilts are going to be in Nancy's booth. I always stop by her shop when I've visiting Mom.

Lea said...

I wish I could be at the quilt show and see your beautiful quilt!

Libby's Primitive medallion quilt is wonderful. Boy, She did a excellent job!

Finn said...

Hi Marcie, popping in to say Hello and see what you are up to these days *VBS* Love your medallian and also the one that Libby made...what a great pattern!!
Hope lots of them sell at the Quilt Fest!
I go tagged for that '7 things' also...have to put on my thinking cap I guess. Big hugs, Finn

Judy said...

I missed you and I missed Nancy's! Of course I had my eyes peeling for bargins and good finds! Hope you had a good time too!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how Dad would feel about being referred to as "DH" or "hubby"...
wait I already know how he would feel. Does this "s" mean "sigh"?
I'm so excited that the show is going so awesome!