Saturday, February 16, 2008

SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME!


I have seen these things going around on blogs in the past, but have never been tagged, and never jumped in. Well Lea tagged me, so I guess I will reveal some things about me that you may not know. Be sure and read about Lea on her blog. She always brings a smile to my face!
THE RULES:
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

So here are a few things about me:

1. My ancestors are from England, Ireland, Scotland, Denmark, Germany. You could plop me in any of those countries and I would look like a native.

2. When I was a child of 10 or 11, I was on a TV program in Buffalo, NY, called Fun To Learn. My mom's best friend was the main person on the art segment of it. She encouraged us to be very creative and make projects from junk, like cardboard milk cartons and straws, etc. I was quite good at that!

3. I have four grown up children who live in four different states. I love it when we are all together around the dinner table and they laugh and joke.

4. I can't sing worth beans! But when I am alone I sing anyway!

5. Even though I can't carry a tune, I can make up silly words to go with any melody. I entertain my grandchildren with this talent. They think I am nuts.

6. I have a terrible sweet tooth. My husband always brings me treats when he comes home from business trips. He knows I am always happy to see him!

7. I am happy, and content with who I am, but still think I can do better. I no longer stress over not being perfect, but I am having more fun along the way!

Here are a few of my blogging pals I would like to tag so they can share some little know facts about themselves.

Karen at Log Cabin Quilter, seems to enjoy the same style of quilts that I do!

Joan at Keeping you in Stitches, "sews like the wind!"

Mary B. at NanaB Quilts, is a new blogger, but has been quilting for a long time.

San at Gypsie Quilter, always has lots of pretty quilts to share.

Darcie-October's Child, does wonderful long arm quilting and hand dyes fabric!
Oh, that's plenty for you to enjoy for now! I just posted that picture of a quilt I did a year ago to catch your attention. Did it work?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

which grandchildren think you're nuts?

certainly not me!

*karendianne. said...

Whew, thank goodness you're only singing when you're alone. :) Dont want to wake the neighbors. hee!

Seriously though, neat things to read about you.

Love this little quilt that grabbed my attention!

Quilty Love, *karendianne.

Libby said...

Oooh - I'm a make-it-up-as-I-go-singer, too *s* What fun.

Lea said...

Oh, How sweet your husband is. Marcie, You surely got a sweet tooth! Your dear hubby is the sweetest! *S*
BTW, I love your quilt on this post. This is your pattern, isn't this?

Jeanne said...

Yes, Marcie, the quilt got my attention - again! I love that quilt.

Yvonne said...

Me too....I love it. :)

Darcie said...

I did it...I did it!!! ;-) Thanks for asking me to play along with you!

Carole said...

marcie: This is the first time I have ever "blogged". It is actually the first time I have ever been to a blog site.

I hope that I have figured it out.

It was fun to see you and your students/friends doing something that you love. It reminds me of the calligraphy workshops that I attend.

Anyway....."Hi" from Utah