Saturday, February 23, 2008

MY FAVORITE BOOTH!

I know you are all sitting on pins and needles, and probably threads and fabric strips, waiting to hear how the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest was. Well here is a photo of me feeling very proud of the display at Nancy's Calico Patch booth with my Williamsburg Medallion quilt front and center! To the left is part of my Pioneer Trail quilt. The whole booth looked very nice with the overall theme being CW reproduction quilts and fabrics. I was happy to be a part of it. They sold a ton of my patterns, so I am really happy about that! My friends and I were there shopping and looking at quilts for the day on Thursday (2-21-08) and we had a great time.
I didn't take too many pictures, but I do want to share this one quilt that I loved! A huge variety of toiles went into the quilt, and the designer did a great job with it! I should have been better about getting the name so I could give her credit. If anyone out there knows, I will be happy to add it. Isn't it great?!
Apparently the HatBox quilt is a design by Kaffee Fassett.
Apparently the Hatbox quilt IS ACTUALLY Kaffe Fassetts!--Thanks Katie!

On another note, I heard from Nicola in Australia that she was making Bonnie's Bargello quilt, so I added her to the list on the side. I don't plan to leave the list up too much longer, so be sure and take a look at what she has done. You may want to see what progress has been made on the other blogs while you are at it. Unfortunately I, myself, have done nothing more on mine. I plan to make it bigger and have lots of strips cut, so enventually I will get it done! For me it is a good project to pick up when there is a lull in the work at hand. Again, thank you Bonnie for all the inspiration and directions.
I hope I can sew today. I am all charged up to create after going through so many inspiring vendor booths! Happy weekend!


16 comments:

Paula said...

Your quilts look great and I know you were proud to have them there. The other quilt is amazing....so many toiles!

Libby said...

Oh my that must have been a thrill for you . . . it's easy to see why the pattern would sell well. I sure spy a lot of goodies I would have loved to come home with *s*

Gypsy Quilter said...

So glad your patterns did well. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Granny said...

Your quilts look great hanging in the booth.

Anonymous said...

The hatbox quilt is Kaffe Fasset's original. Nancy's booth looked great.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your quilt looks so wonderful hanging there! And boy do I want that fabric in the booth!

Tazzie said...

Hi there Marcie - the quilt is called Hat Boxes, and it's by Kaffe Fasset. My friend Linda made one for me, and someone else identified it for me. Isn't it just lovely? Congratulations for selling lots of patterns, you deserve such success!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

How did I miss you? I saw your quilts but didn't know that you were there, I had a great time at Mid Atantic too!! Maybe next year we can arrange to meet up and have lunch. Your quilts are even better in person!

Darcie said...

What a nice pic of you and "your babies!" Hope you had a moment or two to celebrate your success at the Quilt Fest.

Those toiles are lovely! Thanks for sharing the pic.

Katie said...

I took a photo of that quilt too! It was in the Glorious Quilts category and they were sure wonderful! It says they are all from the collection of Kaffe Fassett and Liza Prior Lucy. I took photos of some of the descriptions but not that one.

Lea said...

Oh, MY! your quilts are so beautiful at the booth!
and You looks lovely with your gorgeous quilts. *S*

The hat box quilt is so fun. I never see this pattern before but It's quite unique.I love it.

Unknown said...

I'm really excited your patterns went so quickly, i hear they sold like hot cakes.
:)

Kim said...

Congrats on selling so many of your patterns! Soon we'll all be saying, "Yep, I knew Marcie way back when, before she became so famous!"

sewprimitive karen said...

Three cheers for Marcie!! Your Williamsburg looks wonderful showcased in that booth. And the Kaffe Fassett toile is really divine.

Perry said...

Your quilts look wonderful. I know you are proud. That hat quilt is a Kaffe Fassett pattern in one of his books. I started a miniature of that, but quit after 3 blocks and have never picked it up again. I see some of the fabric I bought to do it sometimes when I am looking for something, but I have never started it again. I just love that quilt.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Your quilt is gorgeous! Kaffee Fassett's quilts are made by others, the hatbox one by Liza Prior Lucy..one of his collaboraters. She found the toile and other fabrics in a stash of antique decorator fabrics and Kaffee pulled them together with his ideas. He does needlepoint and knits...beautifully and designs fabric....wonderfully, but unbeknowst to most folk...he doesn't actually truly sew or quilt ;)