Friday, July 06, 2007

COWBOY QUILT


Finally I can say I have taken charge of a project and completed it! Well, I still need to get it quilted, but my work is done! I keep saying I should learn how to machine quilt, but my hands are full with the piecing, and frankly, I would rather pay someone to do it. Only problem is that my quilter friend has taken the summer off! Hopefully I can get in line for when she gets going again.
This is a baby quilt for my niece's new baby boy that she, in fact, named after my husband! I'd say that deserves a quilt, wouldn't you? The funny thing is, he even looks kind of like my husband. That Swedish blood runs strong, judging from the looks of many family members.
The baby room is being decorated in a cowboy theme, so I went on line looking for cowboy fabric. Oh my goodness! There is a shop in Montana that has all the cowboy fabric one could ever desire! I has so many choices. I ended up buying a yard and a half of two different fabrics. Both darling! The rest of the fabrics I could pull from my stash-which is what it is for, after all! The blocks are 5" finished, and the quilt measures about 37" x 43".



Take a look at how cute this fabric is!
I decided to create a back for the quilt where I could use up every little piece of the fabric that was left.
Well, I feel good having completed that, and now I can move onto some of my other projects that lie incompleted or in progress around the house.




















12 comments:

Rose Marie said...

It's a sweet quilt and I especially like what you did with the backing!

Susan said...

Love your cowboy quilt. The backing is so cute, especially with that extra block in the center!

Quilts And Pieces said...

It is so adorable! I love it! And your right, that cowboy fabric is wonderful!

Fiona said...

Perfect for a boy and the backing is just right.

Finn said...

Hi Marcie, so happy to see that you stopped by over at the Train blog..*VBS* Yours will be up there soon!
Love the cowboy quilt...what really great fabric! Soooo perfect for a little boy. Have a great weekend, Hugs, Finn

Leigh said...

Your quilt is gorgeous Marcie. Just perfect for a little boy. Very cute fabric and I love the way you have done the backing :-)

pat said...

Nice job, Marcie! Love the back, especially the extra block.

KC Quilter said...

Love, love, love your cowboy quilt! I am partial to cowboy (and cowgirl fabric) myself!!! Great job.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Wow, what a terrific quilt! And the pattern is exactly what I need -- made larger -- for some amazing large scale fabric I bought that features PLATYPUSES!

Vicky said...

What a great quilt! So now all that fabric is gone gone gone from your stash! Good for you!!

Darlene said...

It's adorable! The plaid you used in the four patches is great.

Kim said...

Great quilt! The cowboy fabric is darling and I loved the "controlled scrappy" look!