Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Variety of Feathered Friends

Our clever blogging friend Julie from Julie K Quilts made my pattern called Feathered Friends, and then she took it a step further. She made this darling tote bag! I love it so much that I must make one like it for me!
 Here is Julie's table topper or wall hanging. This turned out darling also!
If you read Julie's blog you already know that she makes lots of strip quilts. She is very creative and it is always fun to see what she is making. On top of all that talent Julie is a real sweetheart as well. We meet the nicest people on quilting blogs! 

 I am also very impressed with Janet from Mrs Sew and Sew. Not only is she a really neat person, but she has the magic touch with fabric choices. Here is Janet's adaptation of Feathered Friends. As you can see, she stretched it out to cover her dresser. Check out her blog too!
Both of these projects are a wonderful examples of how quilters adapt patterns to suit their needs. 
 Here is my original version of Feathered Friends. Most of it came from a charm pack that gave me a pretty selection of colors and textures. 

 Don't forget my BOGO sale going on now--it ends Tuesday, April 30. Find the pattern under Doll Quilts and make one for yourself!

 

5 comments:

Janet said...

I love the bag too! I'll have to dig out that pattern and make one for myself too :0) Starts with your fabulous designs!!

Angie said...

Aren't they all just darling! :) Love this pattern in all of its varieties.

KaHolly said...

That Julie!! She's quite something, and she did a lovely job with your pattern!

Rosa said...

Any one are just wonderful!!

julieQ said...

I love your designs!! Thank you for sharing!