Friday, April 05, 2013

A blanket of snow = Snow Quilts

As I look at these magnificent images of quilts in the snow I have to admit that making them from fabric is a lot more forgiving. So I have to pick out a few stitches once in a while. What does this guy do when he goofs? Wait for a blizzard to cover his mistakes?
 Snowshoe artist, Simon Beck creates these masterpieces while tramping over frozen lakes in Savoie, France. Each design covers the area of about three football fields. That is a lot of tramping. You can see more of Simon's designs HERE! I just wanted to share this beauty and add another page to the ever evolving art of quiltmaking. Amazing! 

Well, I had my surgery a week ago today. I am still feeling a little groggy and taking naps, etc. My throat is still swollen and looks gross and my voice is still low and gravely. Hoping for improvement! Actually, I do feel a little better each day. Catching up on TV and actually I get a little sewing in each day. I almost have all the blocks done for one of my big UFOs pictured below. More later on that.
  Now it's back to the couch.
 


10 comments:

Sue said...

Both beautiful quilts and glad your getting better by the day.

Janet said...

I'm glad you are getting a little better. May it continue! I love the ufo you've shown - gorgeously scrappy :0)

Melanie said...

The beauty of that snow quilt....wow... But my Heart tugs at the scrappy one best. take it easy...

Lori said...

I thought a low and gravely voice was supposed to be sexy!! LOL

JoAnne said...

Thanks for the update. I've been praying for you. Hopefully you continue to improve! The UFO is looking very fun.

Kindred Quilts said...

Snow never looked so pretty! A day at a time for you... take it easy with naps and sewing... great medicine!

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot about sending you a card or even checking on you! I'm sorry. So glad your on the road to recovery now.

Anne said...

I saw those snow quilt designs and was just amazed at their beauty. Glad your surgery went well. I bet hubby likes your low "sexy" voice. :)

Carol said...

Great to hear you're feeling better...take care!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

I hope the surgery went well, Marcie, and I hope your recovery goes quickly! How are you feeling? I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you are making progress day-by-day. Love that UFO--so wonderfully scrappy!
Thinking of you,
Kimber