Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Two Versions of the Same Thing

Those little twin boys of ours are growing! Yesterday my granddaughter, Becky, was able to bring them home from the hospital weighing 5 lbs 10 oz, and 6 lbs 2 oz. I think that is pretty darn good! She would be 38 weeks along in her pregnancy, but instead has babies that are 2-1/2 weeks old. Becky is happy about that! They are nursing well and getting lots of love from both Mom and Dad! I love that she labels the pictures. Years from now they won't have to guess!
 This morning we got to Skype together and I was able to do everything but hold them. I watched them wiggle and coo and blink their little eyes and stick out their baby tongues. Adorable! I could almost believe I smelled that sweet baby smell, but that really would be pushing it. I will just have to be content with instant photographs and instant visibility through the computer.

Mary Flynn at Quilt Hollow emailed me this morning and said "Isn't this your quilt?"  She sent me a link to Shakerwood Quilts, and what do you know, Cathi had photos from a quilt show and someone had entered a quilt made from my Saddle Tramp pattern that was in McCall's Quick Quilts last year. I was very pleased to see it made up by someone other than myself, and she did a lovely job of it too. It is blue and done in plaids. Looks great! Thanks for sharing that Cathi! Now we can all see two versions of the same thing, kind of like the twins! 

I plan to have that pattern available soon as I get a good photo of it.  You can see my version of it on my website homepage

I always love to see quilts made from my designs, so don't hesitate to share them with me!


13 comments:

Annette said...

I'm ao glad your babies are doing well. They look like just the sweetest little boys ever!

julieQ said...

Double your fun!!! They are certainly precious little ones...I am glad you saw a version of your quilt...whoohoo!

Janet said...

Those little boys are SO CUTE! I love their little wrinkled foreheads :0) I bet it's fun to see people making up your patterns. You make great patterns!!

Kelli said...

They are just too cute! SO thankful that they are happy and healthy - what a blessing!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, the babies are so darling. How wonderful about your quilt being in a show and isn't it wonderful to see your pattern made by somebody who isn't you!! That is very exciting.

Lori said...

The babies are adorable! Skype is awesome!!

Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Precious and double precious. They are both so bright and aware and awaiting some snuggling from their Grandma!!

Elaine Adair said...

Let's see now - are my favorites babies or quilts, babies or quilts, babies or quilts? I think babies, especially when there are TWO adorable babies! How sweet! 8-))

winspears said...

Congrats Aunt Marcie on two adorable great grand babies!!! I love me some boys! :)

antique quilter said...

isn't skpe the best?
the babies are adorable!
ah yes good thing to label those pictures!
Kathie

Karen said...

Ah, how sweet. Yes, it is definitely nice that she labels the pictures for just the reason that you said. Technology is good for some things afterall!

onlymehere said...

what an honor to you to see your quilt all made up and in a quilt show! The babies are absolutely adorable. It's amazing how much we can share these moments with those we love due to technology. When my SIL gets deployed I'll have to check into Skype so I can keep up on my grandbabies bz I'm certainly going to miss them and my daughter plans on living on base near wherever he is if possible.

Karen said...

What perfectly adorable little boys, Marcie! I am so happy you can share these precious moments with them via technology. May not be the same as actually holding them, but darn close!
With a DD moving to Scotland in 2 weeks, I see this kind of grandmother-hood in my future as well.