Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Red and White Flurries

There is a flurry of activity around blogland as many bloggers have returned from New York with glowing reports about the Red and White Exhibit. Also photos! I hated to miss this exhibit, but we can't do everything, can we? So luckily a few of our friends attended. I was going to link to a few of the blogs, but if you go to Sue's blog, I Sew Quilts, she has already done just that. 

 I don't have any red and white quilts to contribute to the frenzy, but I found a block! Honestly, all these red and white quilts are very inspiring. I downloaded an app to my i-pad that shows all the red and white quilts! You can find it on i-tunes. Search under quilts and Folk Art Museum. Very cool! And it is free!



I do use a lot of red however. This quilt just came back to my from my local quilter, Rose Skinner. She did an outstanding job! She actually feathered it to death! Rose loves to do feathers and they look great. The columns are all cross hatched to give a little break from the feathers. This quilt is made primarily from Civil War Chronicles, tho I added a few other Marcus fabrics here and there. If you are going to be at the International Quilt Market in Salt Lake City, look for it hanging in the Marcus Fabrics booth. Yeah, I am excited about that!

7 comments:

Paula said...

Thanks for the heads up on the app for the quilts. Can't wait to get it. :)

And, I love the quilt. My favorite fabrics!

Me and My Stitches said...

LOVE this quilt!!

Kelli said...

Absolutely love the quilt! What is your pattern's name? Is it available on your site? Thanks for sharing about the red and white quilts!

sewprimitive karen said...

Marcie, the Market quilt is beautiful.

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Love the basket and the plaid you used in it! I'm in a red phase right now and I'm really feeling the urge to make my 'always-wanted' red and white quilt with all this show n tell from the Quilt Show!

Blessings...

Jeanne said...

The boys are so adorable!

Wonky Girl said...

Wanted to comment on your Saddle Tramp quilt. It has finally made it to the top of my "ToSewSomeday" list. I have the background and star fabrics, now to pull fabric for strips from stash.