Saturday, December 13, 2008

LITTLE GIFTY THINGS

I have a few little things to share today. Above is my own little calico creation! I just love the way it turned out. I was sewing scrappy strips together, and thought about adding little tongues and buttons. One of my friends is receiving this in the mail, probably Monday.

This sweet little guy is from Sweden. They call him Tomte! He belonged to my Swedish mother-in-law and I am lucky enough to have him now. He has always been a favorite! His face really looks like he has spent a lot of time in the cold outdoors! Now any of you Swedes out there feel free to enlighten me.


I guess I have a thing for gingerbreadmen. I cross stitched this pillow quite a few years ago. I think the pattern was in a magazine. Just thought I would share it with you as it is one of the few things I get out at Christmas. You must think I am a big humbug, but we are never here at Christmas. Someday I will decorate again!



In spite of the fact that we never decorate, I do love making things for Christmas. I showed a picture of a mitten I made in my last post, then I got on a roll and made more. I just noticed that the kitty doesn't have his snowflake on. It is amazing what a difference these little details make! The little trees and birds are from my mother's collection of trinkets. I think she would be happy to see that I am using them. And the mittens are from old wool blankets.


Everything has been mailed and all that is left for me to do is clean the house (somewhat) and pack. Then we are off to the nice warm climate of Arizona! We have someone staying at our house while we are gone, so that is good too. I will be reading blogs as best I can from my son's house, but for now let me say, as I ride out of sight,


MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL,

AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!


Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

Oh Marcie, pack a jacket. Our weather is turning-today it was lovely, tomorrow-ugly. 5 days of rain and barely 60!

Have a wonderful holiday, I've just finished and mailed 2 table toppers from your last year's pattern. Thanks again for your free patterns.

Tazzie said...

Be sure to have the very best Christmas Marcie!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh..I love your "Tomte" or Santa as you say... he look a lot like my grandmothers Tomte... oh my gosh..I was so afraid of him when I was little...thought he was ugly... ;o)
This little Tomte always had presents in his sack for us on Christmas Eve´s morning...things to keep us occupied with until the real one came... :o)
Oh..I miss those Christmases with Grandma & Grandpa and all my cousins...

Stina Blomgren said...

Oh I forgot...I loved your little calico creation...:o)

*karendianne. said...

Godspeed my friend. Godspeed!

Libby said...

Cute little calico creations you've come up with *s*
Have a great time out west and a very Merry Christmas!

Darcie said...

Oooh. I bet you're like a child waiting for Santa, hmm? Safe traveling, Marcie!

Love your newest little creation! Very cute!

sewprimitive karen said...

Merry Christmas, Marcie! Your Calico Coin is very pretty, so clever to put the tongues on. Absolutely love the two shades of blue blankie for the mittens. How big are they? Your mom's old chatkches (however on earth you spell that) look perfect in them!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too! Have a wonderful vacation in Arizona :o)

Carol said...

Have a safe trip and a very Merry Christmas with your family.

Ruth said...

I love the scrappy table topper! It is adorable! I might make something like it some day. The mittens are really cute too.

Karen said...

Your scrappy thingamajig with the tongues is very creative. I want to be your friend! LOL! Someone is going to be lucky to receive it.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man, if only that strippy mat was for me! I LOE that idea! and the little mittens are sooo cute. Have a wonderful xmas if I don't chat with you before then.

Idaho Quilter said...

I love Santas,and your is a real keeper. Meryy Christmas

Idaho Quilter said...

I love Santas,and your is a real keeper. Meryy Christmas

Anonymous said...

I like what you did with the mittens. The little button mat is cute as can be, too.

julieQ said...

Merry Christmas!! Your little gifties are so cute, I especially like the cross stitch.

Anonymous said...

Mom I need the kitty one & can you make a puppy mitten for me too! they are soo cute!!!! jennie

Karen said...

Okay, Marcie. Karen Dianne is showing the little strippy mat with tongues on her blog. You didn't do a pattern?