Monday, November 26, 2007

AND MORE TREES!

At the risk of revealing my OCD I decided to show you my smaller version of the Trees on the Table. By now everyone knows that this is a free pattern at my web site. I made three of the 24 inch size, and need to make one more. But in the meantime, I started making a 12 inch version. Naturally smaller is always adorable... like in puppies, kittys, babies, (and dare I mention petites vs. me!). So I couldn't resist making several of these little cuties. They do go quickly because there are no pieced borders. The pinwheels take some time- they are made from one inch finished HSTs. But that is what makes them so cute! Right? If you want to dive in and make these, the tree top is a three inch finished square, and pretty much everything else is in one inch finished strips. I will leave you to do your own exact figuring.

Wandering around Blogland I have seen some pretty nice work lately that I want to direct you to it in case you missed it. I know there is a ton more, but here are a couple to check out:
  • Rose Marie, in Toronto (Applique N Patch Quilting) is getting her house decorated for Christmas and has the nerve to show a little tree quilt that is NOT the Patchalot tree quilt! Can you imagine? I have to admit, it is pretty cute though, and oddly, it has the stringy border thing going on! Plus, she is taking the Tonya Winter Class, and has a wonderful winter project in the works! Check it out!

  • At Kim's Big Quilting Adventure Kim posted a really cute Christmas quilt that she just whipped up. It is called It's A Wrap, and really you just have to see it. You will have to scroll through a bunch of Kim's holiday decorating before you see it, so keep going. But it's OK to stop and look at her decorating on the way. Especially those cool wooden letters she just covered. Kim posts EVERY DAY, so you can't turn your back for a minute or you will miss volumes.

  • Our talented friend Karen has done it again with her painted shoes. I wondered what she was talking about when she mentioned finding shoes to paint. Nothing should surprise me! Go see what the Sew Primitive Quilter is up to, and don't forget to click shoes, (just like Dorothy) to see a close-up! AND, don't miss her darling sampler that she did by machine!

10 comments:

CONNIE W said...

I love the pattern and hope to find time to make one. Thanks so much for sharing the pattern!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh these are sooo cute! Hmmm, wonder how much smaller I can make them for coasters?

Paula said...

I love your pattern for the tree topper. I think I'll stick with the original size. (Don't tell, but I'm going to make them for Christmas presents!)

Kim said...

I was wondering about those shoes the other day too! LOL! Cute! Hey, could you make a few of those tree quilts HALF THE SIZE of your minis? 'Cause I'm thinking they would make awfully cute potholders! ROFLOL! Very cute, Marcie! I'm tempted--but then I'm tempted by a lot of things. I still have one of the ones I made to quilt and I'm not even sure where it's going when I'm done! LOL!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I just love the photo of you and your Dad in your sidebar. The smaller versions of your tree quilt are precious, well done Marcie!

Rose Marie said...

Love the smaller version of this pattern and they would be great for table toppers on Xmas morning! Many thanks for mentioning me on your blog!

Susan said...

They are even cuter in small version. I'm not usually big on doing anything that finishes at an inch, other than a breaker border, but this might tempt me to it!

ForestJane said...

Ok, they are really cute small too... :) IF I get my big kingsize bound and the matching pillow shams done before Christmas, I might try this. Thanks for the pattern!

Anonymous said...

you make me laugh...I hope I'm getting one for Christmas, I'll take one in each size. please don't make me beg.

Anonymous said...

I just love the Trees on the Table pattern. I was just thinking it would be beautiful made in fall colors also. What do you think?

Lexie