Sunday, April 20, 2014

April Activities


The Month of April has been full of fun activities! Our granddaughter Mary's wedding was the big event that we planned everything around.  Mary and her husband Mike were married in the LDS Oakland Temple on April 4th. We were so delighted to be able to be there with them! My husband Mike is on the left, and I hope Mary and her Mike are blessed with many years of happiness as my husband and I have enjoyed. The newly weds are now on their honeymoon in Hawaii! 
Here is a little selfie of me and the bride's younger sister. Some of you may remember Kathryn when she was a baby eight years ago.  I called her Plumpkin back then. She is not that anymore! I think she has my teeth, what do you think? Seriously, where did I put them? (No, not seriously, I still have my own teeth, thank heavens.)

I think my husband figured we drove about 2200 miles on our trip this month. Before the wedding we drove from Mesa, AZ to San Diego. We stayed with one of my oldest and bestest friends. We had so much fun, mostly just talking! I should have taken more photos of her house because it is charming and happy and colorful. She collects all kinds of fun things, including old quilts. She gave me a darling little ladder that I will show at a later date when I find the perfect little quilts to display on it.

I was delighted to visit two quilts shops in San Diego. I know there are lots of them, but time and money limited my visits. The first one I went to was the Fat Quarters Quilt Shop in Vista, CA.  This shop has long been a favorite and the owner, Michelle Joyner,  buys my patterns! On top of that, Michelle is the most friendly and the sweetest person ever. Her energy keeps that shop running at top speed and it is full of wonderful things. While I was there Barbara Brackman, Ladie's Album line was delivered and as Michelle was unpacking, I was buying! It is beautiful! Also, pictured below you will see our wonderful blogging friend LIBBY! From Plain and Simple blog. We met up at the shop and after that we went to a cute Mexican place for lunch and then to Libby's house. That will be the subject for another post--with photos! It was a delight, and so is Libby! what fun!


I wrote the above yesterday, but as today falls on Easter Sunday, let me wish you a beautiful day with thoughts of the Resurrection and our Savior who, through his sacrifice, provided the way for us to live again. Live each day in gratitude!




7 comments:

Sue said...

Your granddaughters wedding looks beautiful and so does your other happy looking one.
You seemed to have fun with your friend and I often buy online from the fat quarter shop. Their service is superb.

onlymehere said...

Old friends certainly are treasures and I'm so happy you had the opportunity to spend some time with one of your's. What a beautiful bride and groom. I spent the weekend at a wedding myself with our niece getting married in the Logan Temple. I always come away renewed and full of joy for the experience. Your granddaughter is a cute and certainly not a "plumpkin" at all anymore. I smiled when I read that nickname. Have a wonderful day. I look forward to your posts about your adventures!
Cindy

Janet said...

What a beautiful post! I'm glad you've been busy with happy things :0) I can't wait to see those "another posts"! Happy Easter!

Me and My Stitches said...

What a great month you've had! Thanks for sharing - and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Oh...and that's a nice necklace you have on ! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter!

Janet O. said...

After reading Julie's comment I had to go back and see which of her necklaces you were wearing. I have a flag pin, but no necklace yet. : )
Looks like you had a very happy family event--what a special day.
And what fun to meet up with blog friends.
When our LQS got the Ladies Album line in, I succumbed to a few gorgeous pieces, too. Just couldn't resist!

Michelle said...

Wonderful post...thanks for sharing. Congratulations to the happy couple! :)

Karendianne said...

What a beautiful bride!!!! Of course, the groom is handsome and everyone is lovely for this blessed day! Congrats my friend.