Monday, May 21, 2012

A Bountiful Life and more...


 I didn't go to market this time and I sure wish I had been there! Look at this beautiful display of quilts in the Kansas City Star booth. They publish quilt books, as you probably know. Front and center in this display is my good friend Karen Mowery's quilt, A Bountiful Life. This quilt is a replica of the famous Bird of Paradise quilt that is at the American Folk Art Museum in New York City. It is an awesome quilt and Karen's book is awesome as well. Request it at your LQS or order it online. You won't be disappointed! See what Karen has to say about all this excitement at her blog, Sew Primitive.

Other books on display from Kansas City Star, Including Simply Charming by the darling Tara Lynn Darr. I love this book! Confederates in the Cornfield by Edie Mcginnis has the most amazing cherry quilt in it.

Edie's new book, A Bag of Scraps, is wonderful for those of us who live and breath scrap quilts. Plus, Edie always adds interesting facts and stories. Edie is an editor at Kansas City Stars, so she knows a little bit about writing books! Also, I stole these photos from her on Facebook!






 Above, a few more wonderful quilts from the Kansas City Star booth.

Even tho I didn't get to market this spring, I have been excited to see the photos and hear about the enthusiasm of those that were there. You can see more market photos at the links below:

 Fat Quarter Shop,  their Jolly Jabber blog

Country Quilts-Cheryl Wall

Fat Quarters Quilt Shop (Vista, CA) their Facebook page

There are probably more, but I don't have time to look right now as I have been on this blooming computer all day!

Enjoy!



1 comment:

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Marcie, those are such great photos of the Bird of Paradise quilt and the stand of books (I do like that book by Dawn Heese, Cozy Comforts, there is such a cute quilt in it that I want to make). Thank you for posting and love ya!