Tuesday, December 28, 2010

And Another Thing...



Please allow me to share with you the adorable little quilt that Karen Mowery, Sew Primitive, made for me! I can't tell you how much this woman's talent continues to amaze me! I about fainted dead away when I saw the darling sketch she created for the center of this quilt. She drew it on antique muslin, so it is spotty looking in places and looks so old.

I hung this little treasure in my bedroom right below my sampler, so they can look old together. I am going to name the quilt "Mary" after my granddaughter who, at three years old was a flower girl in her aunt's wedding.  When she told people the story of her aunt's wedding she always told them that she was the "flower peddler". I love that!
Posted by Picasa
Karen has a line of delightfully unique patterns. She sent me her two newest. Check out her blog and find the link for her website and I am sure you will find better pictures than these! Plus, you have to see her sketch of her family: Her son the Marine, Karen, and two felines. Darn cute!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

The quilt is absolutely wonderful! What a great gift and it looks so nice with your sampler! Thanks for always sharing such wonderful items - you do a great job on the blog!

*karendianne. said...

Happy to see all the delightfulness going on here!!! :)

Annette said...

That is so adorable and I like how you displayed it. Karen is new to me and so I checked out her patterns. Awesome! Thanks for the great lead.

Quilts And Pieces said...

What a wonderful gift! And they went to a loving home!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Marcie, I am glad you liked your gift; I posted new patterns to my website this a.m. Thank you for mentioning them and my blog-o!

Karen said...

Lucky you! That is a beautiful quilt, especially with Karen's drawing in the middle. She has so much artistic talent.

Mary said...

Maybe you should name it flower peddler :) I love you!