Sunday, April 18, 2010

A GIFT OF THE HEART

 
 I am always pleased when someone makes one of my patterns and sends me a picture! Some of you will remember this design from last Christmas, it is called Christmas Punch. Wendy Coomer from Cache Creek. BC, Canada made this quilt. Here is what she told me:

  A good friend of mine was diagnosed with breast cancer before Christmas. Every day is Christmas to her, she loves Christmas so much, so when I saw this pattern, I had to make it for her. 
I made 15 inch squares and the finished quilt ended up being 45 x 70 inches - just a nice size to snuggle in. I'll be giving it to her this week.

 Thanks Wendy for sharing your quilt with me and giving me a chance to share it with others!
P.S.: This free pattern is available at www.patchalotpatterns.com

6 comments:

bettyp said...

That is a beautiful quilt and what a blessing it is to have a friend that cares enough to make a quilt for you !!

Karen said...

What a good thing for Wendy to do for her friend.

sewprimitive karen said...

That is a very pretty version of your quilt pattern, Marcie!

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a thoughtful lady and a lovely quilt. Very bright and cheerful.

julieQ said...

What a wonderful gift, from her...and from you too, with the pattern. Mine is still cut out! (scolding self...must do!)

Karen said...

Ah that's so nice, and a good reminder to us all to cherish our days.