Saturday, February 13, 2010

A COKE AND A KISS




Happy Valentine's Day my friends! 
Wish I could share with you a Coke and a Kiss!
I know at least a few of you share my passion for this food group!

And then there is our other passion! Quilts-Quilts-Quilts! Seems like I have heard that somewhere before. Here is a long shot of my split 9-patch. I pulled the blocks from the drawer last week and began sewing. When I got all the blocks together it measured 60" x 60". I decided to do some ad-libbing, and this is what I came up with. I seem to have developed an interest in funky top and bottom borders. It makes it my own. This one finishes at 64" x 80". I totally enjoyed the mindless sewing of squares into 9-patches. I have lots more, as I couldn't seem to stop myself. So now a 9-patch design is definitely in order....some day, sooner or later.


 
Happy Valentine's Day and may all your UFOs 
start flying to the finish!



19 comments:

antique quilter said...

GREAT QUILT! I just love nine patches so adding them in the borders is always a good thing.
Can't wait to see what you make next...
make it sooner with those nine patches..
thanks I agree love those Hershey kisses and for me its a diet coke caffeine free please!
kathie

AnnieO said...

I'm a Pepsi gal but will definitely take you up on the chocolate!

Love the split 9 patch--its on my list of to-do's. Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville has a great zig zag setting for 9 patches--that 's what my plan for mine is :) Enjoy your Coke and kisses!

Linda said...

Your quilt is beautiful...love the border.

~Joan said...

Marcie,

Wonderful as always. If you want to use up your 9-patches, make *my* Tulip chains quilt...see my blog...http://shelbystitcher.blogspot.com/2010/02/tulip-chains-pieced-except-outer-border.html

TTYL, Joan

Anonymous said...

Freakin awesome quilt Marcie!! Thank goodness I've got a little stash of Kisses here...with some Dr. Pepper. :-) I'll toast to ya!

sewprimitive karen said...

What a cute Valentine's pic. Happy Valentine's Day, Marcie! So now you have a complete quilt with a lot of it from stash and UFOs, right? That's pretty neat.

Jocelyn said...

Love the quilt! Happy Valentine's Day to you too!

paulette said...

Marci! I love this quilt...is this a pattern or something you 'threw' together!! You are so incredible!!
Paulette

Amy said...

Very pretty!

Karen said...

Make mine a diet coke without caffeine.

Your ad lib on the quilt turned out quite well.

Unknown said...

I really like this quilt!

*karendianne. said...

Marcie! How completely cool is that?! Right on. I dig your natural talent. Let me count the ways...

Sue-Anne said...

Those coke cans are cool - haven't seen them here in Australia.

Karen said...

Your split 9 patch is unique. You have once again added your own special touch. I haven't seen one finished this way before! I have also made a split 9 patch using scraps. I just love looking at it. I have pieces of fabric from many different projects in it. Brings back fond memories of quilts I had made for others. I hope you enjoy your quilt as much as I do mine!! :0)

Connie said...

Love the nine patch sure is awsome! HAPPY SEWING!

Michelle said...

I love your quilt...the 9patch is one of my all time favorite blocks. I love the border you came up with too! :)

Janet said...

Your quilt is looking great with the 9 patch border. What a great way to make it longer. I haven't seen Coke cans like that either - fun!

Kim said...

Love your split 9 patch!!! Looks Great!!

Rose Marie said...

Love, love, love that checkered border and what a difference it makes to your quilt!!