Monday, September 14, 2009

SUMMER SUCCESS STORIES

Summer has come and gone, but for once I can say that I actually got a few things done. The photo above shows my version of the little Orange Peel quilt that I made from Kathleen Tracy's book, Remembering Adelia. It was a delight to make and it gave me an opportunity to display some of my Civil War fabrics that I love so much. I even used a few 5 inch charm squares because they were so easy to find and use. I got two little segments from each square. It added a few samples of fabrics that I only had in those charm packs. As I dug through my fabric I found this Thimbleberries fabric from years ago that was just the perfect color for the border, and the corner squares are from an old Smithsonian print that I have also had for many years. I love this little quilt, and it was made even more special by Mary Flynn at Quilt Hollow who quilted it for me. She did a lovely job and I certainly recommend her if you are looking for a quilter. Mary also quilted my red, white, and blue Prairie Paisley quilt for my grandson. It is in the collage below, and guess what---McCall's Quilting is going to publish it in their Quick Quilts magazine, July 2010 issue! I thought I was really organized to have gotten the quilt completed for a baby that is not coming until December. Now the dear child will have to wait for his quilt for a while. But I made it plenty big and he won't know the difference, and I am psyched!
The collage above shows the several things that I have completed this summer. Along with my little Orange Peel, I have completed five full size UFOs this summer to the point where they are quilted, bound, labeled and delivered to new homes. Also I designed and completed two Honor Guard quilts with the four eagles; the red, white and blue American Dreamer quilt; and two Christmas Punch quilts. I feel good!

As always, more awaits me, including the directions for the Christmas Punch quilt, which I will try to complete this week. Our LQS
What's Your Stitch N Stuff had Open House this past Saturday and that was very nice. Lots of browsers looking for classes to sign up for, and lots of classes to choose from, including mine. I will be teaching Indian Paintbrush again, and then Christmas Punch in November. If you are looking for a cute little Christmas quilt to teach you might consider Christmas Punch. It is fun to make and the pattern will be free! (And you can intoduce my patterns to your quilt shop owner!) Also keep in mind that there are other free patterns at my website, PatchalotPatterns.com Also, if you have trouble on my website with overlaying words or links that don't seem to work, re-open the site in Internet Explorer. For some reason the site has issues with other internet browsers. I try, I really do. I wish these various browsers would play nice.

Today is Monday and Friday will be here in a flash! Enjoy your week everyone!




22 comments:

antique quilter said...

congrats on being published!
thats so exciting for you!
you were busy this summer and look at all you accompslished!
Kathie

Janet said...

Congratulations, how very exciting to be published. I love your wee quilt, I'm very taken with the pattern. Great to see that you accomplished so many great finishes.

Janet said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting that McCall's will use your quilt. I just love your orange peel quilt - it really is lovely. Do you have a plan for displaying it?

Anonymous said...

Marcie
Congratulations about the upcoming McCalls pattern, July will be here before we know it. Oh, congrats on the baby too.
Sandra, previously of WYSNS

Karen said...

I love your orange peel quilt! It is so sweet! Mary did a super job on the quilting.
Congratulations!! I know you're excited to have your "Special Grandson's" quilt in McCalls magazine!! Wa Hoo!!
9, Nine! quilts in just 3 months!! You sure can put them out!! What an accomplishment!

Carin said...

Your quilts are beautiful! Congrats on being in McCall's, what a thrill.
You amaze me getting so much done!

*karendianne. said...

I love your Orange Peel. Makes me want to learn to make one. You're Summer has been such a productive delight. I'm impressed and congratulate you on the wonderful treat of being in McCall's!!! You amaze me with all you do. I want to be like you when I grow up. :)

Julie-Ann said...

Whew! You are busy. I need to retire so I can try to keep up with you.

So glad you are being published next year! Your little grandson will just have to be content to be rocked more by his grandma without the quilt. I think lots of hugs and kisses will make up for it!

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, what a post, Marcie. Hearty Congratulations on getting published, that's one of the really exciting things in quilting, I would think. And all your finishes, you are streaking. I want to make your Christmas Punch (or Attic Treasure) when and if I get myself out from under this stack of UFOs.

Gypsy Quilter said...

Woo hoo, another pattern published for all the quilting world to see. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Your rock! I can't believe all the quilts you have done this year and it isn't over yet! I like the binding you put on orange peel. Congrats to you on both soon to be...grandson and published!

Candace said...

OH my - Orange Peel is delightful - as are all of your other summer finishes! Congratulations on getting in McCall's Marcie! I really love your patterns - you so deserve this!
Cheers!

Betsy said...

I love your orange peel quilt and a big congrats on your publication!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Congratulations on being published in McCalls, just awesome.
I just love your Orange Peel quilt too, enjoy it to pieces.

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohhh ..Happy news.. congratulations ...hug to you!!!
And mary did a lovely job on yur quilts.. love the little orange peel quilt... have had my eyes on that one... have the book .. so I have no excuse.. have I?? lol...

bingo~bonnie said...

This is awesome news!!! that you will have it published next summer! and also that you've been very productive with the UFOs this year.

Congratulations! :) Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on being published and on finishing so many projects!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your little peel quilt is amazing! And congrats on the publishing! How cool is that!

Rose Marie said...

What a delightful collection of quilts and you got them all done this summer ... awesome! Congrats on getting your quilt published. You know you have made it when that happens!

Carrie P. said...

Mary does great quilting. I have not personally had anything done by her, yet but I read her blog and got to meet her at a quilt show.
Congrats on your quilt being published. That is awesome.

Heckety said...

Congratulations upon your impending publishment! That's just great, really exciting!

julieQ said...

HI Marcie! Wonderful quilts, and congratulations on your accomplishment. You are set on no-reply? It happened to my blog too, although I did not change a thing!