Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Greetings from Arizona!

Thanks to you all for your comments on my blog! I am having trouble getting back to everyone while here in Arizona, so do not think I am avoiding you. And getting time to read blogs is even more difficult. Plus, I made the mistake of buying my granddaughter a computer game for her birthday, and the girl is now on the computer 24/7. What was I thinking?

Pictured above is my favorite restaurant here. It is not just the decor, which is totally charming, but the food is good too. Mexican food, did you already guess that? I had a flying saucer while there, which I thought was amusing after my last post. I love Mexican food and there are lots of good places here to eat. I want to eat as much of it as I can while here before I go back to Virginia Beach, where the Mexican food is just not that good.  My aunt and I had sweet pork burritos the other day. Oh wow, let me tell you! 
When I arrived at the Phoenix airport I had some time to kill before my son showed up to get me. So, being the good little blogger that I am, I took a couple of pictures. Above is a big plane that is hanging from the ceiling above the escalator. It is pretty cool.  There may be a story there, but I don't know it.  
These big cacti were also attractive. There are three terminals at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. I came in on Delta/Northwest, which has now merged. Somehow they managed to charge our credit card $1200 for my ticket, which I assure you, is not the price I agreed to. But maybe that was the price for my luggage. If you haven't flown for a while, be aware that they now charge for each bag that you check. In fact they charge for food, and blankets as well. So far most airlines still give you a drink of juice or pop.
My DIL volunteered me to make aprons for my granddaughter, Danielle, and her young women's group at church. They are going to girls camp the end of July and have a Wizard of Oz theme around which everything is being planned. They were easy to make and Danielle loves it!

Meanwhile, the main activity around here is packing and moving to their new house. It is less than two miles from here, so we are going slowly, taking a truckload at a time. Kyle, who is almost 18, and his friends, take over the heavy stuff each evening after work. My son, who has a really bad back, has managed to get some painting done over there, so that is helpful. All is going well, and yes, I am exhausted! But all is well, and I am glad to be here. Not loving the 115 degrees, however!  

[Marcie_Signature.jpg]


11 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Hi, Marcie! You are a whirlwind of activity as usual. Your granddaughter is beautiful! Wish you and I could sit down at Tia Rosa and have some Mexican food. Googled the menu. A Plato de Chimichanga pulleez!

Lauren said...

Glad to hear that you are getting some good Mexican food. That is one of my favorite parts of coming home! Enjoy your time here in Arizona!

Also, Danielle's apron is adorable.

Julie-Ann said...

Hey - where exactly are you in Arizona? One of my dear friends retired to Mesa last April. I plan to visit her this fall and would love to try Tia Rosa.

Enjoy your visit. It sounds like you are really having a great time. Love the apron. Oh - I remember when I was that thin!

Darlene said...

It's super hot here! Stay cool.

Libby said...

Mexican food . . . . I think it's going to be the hardest thing to leave behind *s*

onlymehere said...

I love the idea of the aprons for girls camp with Young Women's and to make them blue gingham and look like Dorothy is too darn cute!! They turned out adorable. I'm glad you're having a fun trip.

Lynn said...

Don't forget to take some time to visit the quilt shops in Phoenix.

Karen said...

What's a Flying Saucer?

Julie in the Barn said...

The apron and your GD are adorable. I love the Phoenix area. We always spend a week or two in Cave Creek each winter but haven't been to Tia Rosa. Thanks for the recommendation. There is a relatively new quilt shop on the road out to Cave Creek. It wasn't open when I was last there. Check it out for me, okay?

Don't forget....it's a dry heat! I'm actually going to Palm Springs tomorrow. Last I checked it was 112°F.

Tazzie said...

My goodness Marcie, the apron is just adorable, as is your lovely model. I'm just astounded by those cacti, they're wonderful. I could see some of them on my patio.
Be sure to have a great week
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm a sucker for a cute apron Marcie and I'd be snatching that one right off her body if I had the chance! blessings, marlene