Monday, October 06, 2008

FALL COLORS



Everyone seems to be captivated with the wonderful fall colors and decorating is in full swing. I have really been enjoying the many blogs with fall decor and homemade items. Our friend Kim, who has Big Quilting Adventures daily, has designed a darling pumpkin quilt and has provided instructions for anyone who cares to create their own. Go to Kim's blog and look on the side bar for the Happy Jacks tutorial. I love the way these cute pumpkins bounce around on the quilt! I am a little slow mentioning this and Kim has moved on to other adventures, but it is not too late to get in on the action!


I have been decorating a little bit myself. This little display is sitting on the hearth in our living room. I picked up the decorated pumpkin last year on sale and am excited to finally be able to display it for a couple months. My little brown quilts that I love are scattered around the house and look really nice with the orange tones of fall.




Also, I just completed a little stitchery thing that I framed. Here is a little word to the wise: pick up pieces of orange wool whenever you see it, because you won't find it in the shops when you need it!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.

Polly said...

Mom, I totally want to make that framed quilt, I love it! Your fall decoration is super pretty, I wish we were closer so you could help me do cute stuff!

Polly said...

P.S. I thought for sure you would post pictures of your sewing room since you cleaned it this week.

Libby said...

*mmmmm* fall colors are the best *s* Love your decs.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Isn't it a great pattern? I am making the pumpkin one. It is addictive, but I am trying to resist making more!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, great stuff!

sewprimitive karen said...

Hey, that white pumpkin is great! Where'd you get that?

StitchinByTheLake said...

Marcie I love your stitchery and you are so right - no orange wool anywhere! The white pumpkin is perfect and so are your little brown quilts. blessings, marlene

Liz said...

Cute displays, cute quilts, cute everything! Eleanor lives at my house, so my mantle is filled with skulls, bats and Jack Skellington.

Angie said...

Hey Marcie, remember me??? LOL Yeah, I know, I've been MIA---Your decorations are just adorable!! More pics please!!! Need to see more, along with the 'little brown quilts'! :D Your stitchery is ADORABLE!!! Okay where can we get it? :D And that white punkin is just too cute---I want one of those TOO!! :D Happy October, dear Marcie!

Janet said...

Yeah I 'd like to see more of your little brown quilts too! I like the one underneath your thankful stitchery. Your fall decorating looks great!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Awesome displays, Marcie. A word to the wise is sufficient re: orange wool.