Sunday, June 08, 2008

THERE AIN'T NO CURE...

If you were a kid in the fifties or sixties you will remember "There Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues". You can read the lyrics to that song by clicking the link. For the rest of you babes, you may have heard it through the years. It's a really fun and catchy song! Well, here is my completed Prairie Paisley quilt that I named Summertime Blues. I just love it! Minick and Simpson did a great job with this line of fabric for Moda, and it seems that many of you have fallen in love with it along with me. I decided that it would be fun to link to other photos of quilts made from Prairie Paisley fabric. I have seen quilts at Kim's blog, and also Darlene's. So if you, or anyone you know, made a quilt with this fabric, please leave me a comment and I will link to you. I will put it on my side bar for a month or so. Can't wait to see what you have done! (Mar? Are you out there?)
By the way, my quilt has some stash fabric mixed in with the Priairie Paisley. The 4-patches and the reds are from my stash. They all play nice, don't you think?

You know how when you are on line and you see little promotional items? Well this one caught my eye and I had to go check it out. French Fry Spam Casserole Now doesn't that just sound too good to be true? I hope my granddaughter in college reads this. She is always looking for good recipes to make for guys. Reel him in with this one Honey!



P.S. On my sidebar I am linking to the blog pages that feature a Prairie Paisley Quilt. To view more of any blog listed click on "Search Blog" at the top of the blog and it will take you to the front page of each blog.

19 comments:

Kim said...

That turned out great, Marcie! And Summertime Blues is a great name, even if I am WAAAAY too young to remember the song! LMAO!

Libby said...

Ohhhh - you almost tricked me *s* I used Prairie Paisley . . . but it's in the 'Secret Deadline Quilt' You'll have to wait a little while longer to get a peak. Summertime Blues turned out great. You bring the best ideas to light.

*karendianne. said...

Play nice, are you kidding? Those reds are ultra cool. Yum. Not that I have a thing for reds or anything...just sayin'.

Any recipies for reeling in Red FQ's? No? Didn't think so.

Just my Luck in Love, *karendianne!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh that's so pretty, Marcie, and what a great name. You are a good Name-Thinker-Upper. I see you almost tricked Libby with your "let's talk about your Prairie Paisley Quilt" ploy lol. That border fabric is so, so attractive. I wonder what your stash blue-on-blue fabric is in the four squares. It's very pretty in there.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

That is a great looking quilt. I'm prety new to quilting and fabrics. Recently I discovered myself the beauty and possibilities of Paisley fabrics.

Simonetta said...

Hi Marcie,this always a pleasure for me to look at your quilts!Have a great week!

Cheryl said...

Great quilt and a good name. Loved that song. I am going to check out that recipe.

Anonymous said...

Don't know about the fabrics but I DO like the colours and the pattern. I remember the song well and it's in my head now for the rest of the day! Got to find it somewhere on line and play it LOUD:)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

If there IS a cure for these Summertime Blues I'm not interested... this one is perfect just the way it is!! Well done. French Fry Spam Casserole had to be developed by a man.

Becky said...

http://blarma2001.blogspot.com/2008/06/productive-weekend.html

I love your quilt. That border looks great. I did something very simple with the Prairie Paisley charm squares I bought. I did piece in the red which isn't part of that line, but looked great with it. I also added a border which isn't part of the Moda pattern I was using. Gotta improvise a little.

Darlene said...

Now you've done it - I'll be singing that song the rest of the day. Yes, I do remember it. LOL

Wow, thanks for linking my blog with my Prairie Paisley quilt - need to think about quilting that one NOW.

I'll be curious to see the others!

Perry said...

Really pretty quilt! I have some of this fabric, but it is waiting in the wings for another day. Spam? I have a sil who eats eggs and spam, but, yuk! I don't think I even ate that when I was young, lol. Going to check out your cohorts in Paisley crime.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love it! It really turned out awesome! Sure - make me want to do more!

Karen said...

I checked out the Spam recipe. A heart attack waiting to happen! I haven't had Spam in years. I read in the newspaper last week, that Spam sales are up. The rise is credited to the price increases on about everything we purchase these days.

Rose Marie said...

A fabulous finish .... and I love the name!

Lyn said...

Hello Marcie, a truly beautiful quilt. I love blue. Enjoy reading your blog. Warmest Regards Lyn

Mar said...

Well, If I go by Okperi's comment I can plead innocence!! I'm afraid I haven't had a pp moment yet. Hopefully soon. Now you've got that song in my head too!!

Snippen' Threads said...

Prarie Paisley is one of my alltime favorite fabric lines. I bought the Schnibbles pattern "Decoy" and the kit. I love your Summertime Blues quilt. I did run up and buy your pattern when I saw what you had done - beautiful.

julieQ said...

Your prairie paisley is wonderful!!