Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SCRAPS IN PROGRESS


I have a new small project in progress. This is the center. It will be a small medallion quilt without a pieced center. The fabric center is six inches. Actually at this point it is the size of a block. The fabric in the center is from a recent Jo Morton line and I think it lends itself to this type of focus. It is like old fashioned elegance. Then add lots of wonderful reproduction scraps and I can hardly keep from drooling all over it. The LQS loves my projects, but hates kitting them. Guess why? Too many fabrics--it drives them nuts! I just counted 21 different fabrics in this piece. I LOVE playing with my scraps! Tune in again for the next installation. I have to get to the sewing room and create!

11 comments:

Fiona said...

What? Too many fabrics? Impossible - the scrappier the better.

Sweet P said...

I like that medallion center. I wish I could come and take a class from you. Mmmmm . . . I have a grandson who lives in Suffolk, maybe I can combine a trip to visit him with a class from you.

Anne Ida said...

That is wonderful! Can hardly wait to see the next installation:-)

May Britt said...

Playing with scraps i so fun. And it becomes so beautiful with all the colours and patterns. Looking forward to the next round

Carol said...

You can never use too many fabrics! I know exactly what your quilt shop is thinking though...since I have a shop and love lots of different fabrics in a project we make starter kits for them and then the customer can add more to it.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is gorgeous, I love scraps, too! I wouldn't want to "kit it" either, though! Have fun at Mid-Atlantic!!

Darlene said...

I love it! But, I love everything you do. :-)

Libby said...

Can there be such a thing as too many fabrics?

Anonymous said...

It's lovely, I love scrappy quilts, the more the better.

Unknown said...

The scrappier, the better! This center of yours looks already very promising. Can´t wait for you to show us more!

Patti said...

Oh, I'm drooling all over my screen looking at the center of your little medallion. You are a creature after my own heart. I can hardly wait to finish playing with my current scraps in all my bins so I can start making some really COOL scraps with all the reproduction prints I've been collecting!