Friday, May 13, 2016

Hello, Goodbye

Recently my hairdresser (and quilting friend) asked if I had designed any new patterns lately. My reply was, "Only in my head"!  I haven't designed anything for publication in a couple of years. I have had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I have really slowed down. I haven't been able to admit, even to myself, that I was done with my quilt pattern business. I just don't want to work that hard anymore! 


I am happily involved in my life, still making quilts, but just for myself and family. I have also been devoting a lot of time to Family History, as you can see from my previous post. 

As a result of all this, I will be taking down my website patchalotpatterns.com
I want to urge any of you who may be interested in buying any of my patterns to do so before the site is gone. Also, if you are interested in any of the free patterns on my site, get them soon! Once the site is down they will be gone. 
I have moved some of my patterns to Etsy, but don't see this working very well so don't know if I will continue. Let's face it, there is always something new attracting our attention! The world keeps spinning! I enjoy all the new stuff too!

Just for fun I have pictured three baby quilts I made recently. Our family is growing! The blue and white one you will notice, has a twisted block in it. This gives credence to the fact that my eyesight is going, among other things!




Thank you so much for liking my patterns and following along with me over the years. Some of you have been online friends for a long time and I hope that will continue. Patchalot Patterns has been a very enjoyable and important part of my life! 


14 comments:

julieQ said...

Marcie!!! Bittersweet, indeed! Expect my order soon...

Janet O. said...

Marcie, I hope you will keep sharing the quilts you are making for yourself and family. I love the baby quilts you have shared here!

Yvonne said...

For everything there is a time! You have made beautiful quilts and inspired many Quilter's!

Cheryl said...

Have enjoyed your patterns, Marcie. Enjoy your retirement!

Me and My Stitches said...

Oh Marcie - bittersweet for sure! I love all of your patterns and will have to go to your website and take a look. Really love the little quilts you show here, and that twisted block doesn't bother me at all! :)

Michele Bilyeu said...

Change is in the air, indeed. Your patterns are so lovely, as is all of your work. Its just nice you post here once in a while as its such fun to see what you're up to ..here and on Facebook. You have an absolutely beautiful family and I love seeing the fun! One of your emails to me (early on in blogging) is still one of my favorites..basically that I write so much, so often that you couldn't keep up with me. I snorted laughed so hard because boy it was true, and still is. Blog therapy. I write like I talk with gusto! And part of that gusto is the lovely, lovely people that inspire me to keep on, keeping on. And you dear heart..you are one of them right up there at the top of my list!!!

Kyle said...

Change is a constant, that's for sure. Hope you'll still continue to post a blog now and then. Love the baby quilts, especially the blue and white. Happy retirement!

Sharon Dawn said...

Good luck with your new direction!

Unknown said...

Life moves on in different ways and glad your enjoying family time and prioritising them.
Thank you Marcie for so generously letting me teach your Toile Medallion. You have made lots of English ladies happy with that one.
It will continue to evolve as does life around us.
Good luck, but I know I will see you on FB or Instagram from time to time.

Lori said...

Piecing and quilting are so much more fun than designing and writing! Thanks for all your encouragement to me! Love seeing what you are working on.

Michelle said...

Awww...so sad to hear this. I've loved your patterns and have appreciated your generosity with free designs you offer too! I completely understand that the world changes and you need to focus on what brings you the most joy and I know that is family...as it should be!! Hugs!!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Sniff, sniff. I feel like I'm losing one of my dearest friends. And ohhh how I've enjoyed seeing pictures of all of your beautiful grand darlin's and hearing about their adventures. Thank you for sharing so many wonderful quilt ideas. We'll miss you.

Karen said...

Beautiful work. Congratulations on your new chapters in life :)

Karen said...

Love the red and white version with the applique border. But then, I also like the one that is a bit more scrappy looking.