Thursday, December 18, 2014

Splendor in the Scraps

I am excited to finally be able to reveal one of my very favorite quilts! Splendor in the Scraps! It is featured in McCalls America Loves Scrap Quilts, due out December 23. I'm giving you a heads up so you can keep an eye out for it. Here is the cover:


Look for this magazine where you normally pick up your magazines, or you can follow this LINK if you want to order online. This is a news stand issue, so it won't come with your subscription.
This is a quilt I kept coming back to because as it grew I loved it more and more and every time I worked on it I wanted it to be bigger. Finally McCall's asked if I would please finish it so they could publish it, so it got finished at 76.5" x 84.5". With a design like this you can make it as big or as little as you choose. If you are a scrapper like I am, you love working with as many fabrics as you can. There is just something about all your fabrics playing together that gives such a great look. To further enhance the beauty of the scraps I used one tan fabric with scrappy corners for the square in a square block that is consistent throughout the quilt. I also used the same light fabric for the corners of the colored square in a square block. For me, this brings a calming influence.


Thanks so much to the folks at McCall's Quilting for publishing another of my quilts. They always do such a great job! 


9 comments:

Lori said...

What a great quilt and a perfect way to use up lots of fabric scraps.

AnnieO said...

Wonderful! The planned elements turned out so well. Congrats on another scrappy winner!

Janet O. said...

What a delicious scrap quilt, Marcie! Congrats on having it published. I will keep an eye out for this magazine next week!

Vickie said...

I am working in civil war fabrics and this would be great to use up my scraps! Yours looks so beautiful!

Me and My Stitches said...

Another great quilt, Marcie - just love it! I can see why you wanted to keep making it bigger!

Jean said...

Beautiful scrappy quilt.

Rose Marie said...

Oh Marcie .... another beautiful quilt and another magazine .... you totally rock!

Terri said...

That is beautiful, and I understand why you kept working and working on it. It's full of all my favorite fabrics.

Linda said...

Hello Marcie-
OK I have been drooling over your fabulous "Splendor in the Scraps"! I keep looking at the tan fabric and know I have used it in the past but wondering what the line was called. I woke up this morning thinking it was Lately Arrived from London only to find out I was wrong. PLEASE put me out of my wondering! and tell me. &:-D I love picking out all the different reproductions in the quilt. Thank you!