Friday, November 07, 2014

Published! Yay!

Hi everyone!  I wonder how many of you have seen my quilt published in American Patchwork and Quilting Super Star Quilts magazine? I picked the magazine up in the grocery store the other day and saw that they republished my quilt Pick from the Past! I am delighted! I never tire of this! Ha ha! The magazine contains beautiful star quilts of all types and sizes. Thanks AP&Q!




 I have been busy sewing little hexagons together, as you can see. I used cheddar for the centers and went for the scrappy look. I plan to trim down the edges on this little quilty. So my fingers have been busy, but they also get numb! The price we pay for our art, right?
 Our darling little August, my 3rd great-grandson, is now six months old and he is a charmer! His mom, Becky, took this photo and I thought the carrot was a nice touch, in case you know the book, Guess How Much I Love You. Check out Becky's blog if you want a laugh, or her point of view on just about anything! She is a really good writer!



 



8 comments:

Janet said...

I LOVE your hexagons!! Absolutely yummy!! Congratulations on having your quilt republished - I think it would be super exciting everytime :0)

Janet O. said...

Oh, that is a great star quilt, Marcie! Congrats on republication!
Those hexies are awfully cute. What size are you doing?
Sweet shot of your little great-grandson. Yes, I know the book. : )

julieQ said...

I know!! I bought that magazine just because you were in it!!!

Cheryl said...

Congrats, Marcie! I love the hexies. How do you make yours? Do you use the new starch method or something else? Would love to have you do a trunk show or class at TOWQS sometime.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh Marcie - I had that magazine in my hands and then decided "not now" - wish I had seen YOUR stunner and I'd have brought it home. My gosh, that quilt is lovely! Looks like I'll have to make another trip to town.

Me and My Stitches said...

That was a nice surprise for you, to see your quilt published again - it's a great one! Love your hexies - you are really getting a lot done on those. And I always love to see pics of your Grands - they are all adorable. Going to Becky's blog now!

Lori said...

How fun to revisit your quilt in the magazine! Congratulations Marcie!!
August is very precious!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Marcie, on having your quilt in the magazine! I saw the magazine at the shop the other day, but haven't picked it up yet. Will definitely get it now! August is a darling!