Friday, August 27, 2010

Family and Fabric

Here I sit at the home of my daughter in Missoula, Montana. The kids are watching kid's TV, which is so loud and obnoxious, it makes one wonder what it is doing to the impressionable young minds that will become the leaders of the future. In fact, it makes me wonder if the writers and producers of these programs have some sort of subversive master plan to destroy America through TV. All I can say is, "Stupid, stupid, stupid".


I have been gone from home for a week now and have covered a lot of ground. I flew to Salt Lake City and spent a few days with my son and wife and darling baby, Isaac. This little guy is a joy! I hated leaving him!




We had our family reunion last Saturday and I had a wonderful time seeing relatives that I have not seen for years, as well as cousins from the Salt Lake area that I always enjoy being around. My Ancestor Quilt was auctioned off for $650! I was thrilled! My cousins were bidding against each other, and sometimes against themselves. Connie and David Slaughter had the high bid. I guess I didn't need to worry that it might not be appreciated. Thanks family! 


Stopped at a few quilt shops, sold a few patterns, bought a little fabric. Now I am in Missoula, MT cutting scraps at my daughter's house for a new quilt project. Polly, my daughter, is downsizing and doesn't have room for her/my scraps any more. I forgot some of the cool stuff in her stash! So I am stocking up on HSTs while I am here. Fabric and family--my kinda fun!


Thanks to all my Alberta cousins for reading my blog! I loved seeing you all!



6 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Enjoy every moment, you are having fun.... what could be better? Oh, BTW-- I agree with you re: children's programming, it's awful.

Angie said...

Sounds like the best kind of travels, Marcie! So glad to hear your quilt went for a good price, too!! :)

Michele Bilyeu said...

Absolutely lovely. Congrats on Saddle Tramp, you little traveling hussy you.Also, on selling your wares at the family reunion. I can feel the love from here! You did say lots of cousins are reading your blog? Time to let them know how much we ALL love you ;)

AnnieO said...

Family reunions are great--we'll have another one next year and I plan to make a quilt to raffle off too. Wonderful that so many bid so much for yours!

Cute as a bug, that Isaac!

I just bought the quilt mag with Dream Catcher in it--can't wait to pull some scraps and get started! There were a lot of wonderful patterns stuffed into that issue.

Annette said...

Little Isaac is such a sweetheart. Sounds like you are having a fun time with family. Those are the best times ever!

pat said...

Marcie--I can totally see Renn in Isaac! He (little I) is getting cuter and cuter. So glad you could visit them, and have some time with Polly, too. And good for you for stocking up on the ever-necessary HST!