Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BLAME IT ON THE BLOGANOVA

I am, no doubt, the last person on earth without a calendar for 2009. For some reason it never occurs to me in December that a new year is fast approaching and hence, a new calendar will be necessary. This year is no different. Post-it notes adorn the wall above my computer, but my eyes are constantly retuning to the 2008 calendar which still resides there as well. Tomorrow I MUST get out and find a calendar. 2009 will not wait for me---it is moving on!

By nature I am not a very competitive person. But something is occurring in Blogland that is really needling me. Some of you have bloglists posted on your side bars that update as soon as someone posts on their blog? Some even show the newest photo posted. (See Colleen's blog Crazy for Primitive Quilts and Gardens I am happy to be listed on some of these, but it irritates me when I am at the bottom of the list! The only way I can get to the top of the list is to post something new. And for those that may show a photo, I am now very conscientiously trying to find a photo that will attract attention. I even posted the above photo because I thought it would show better that the one below! What is happening to me? Whatever this illness is that has seduced me into blogging has taken a turn and I am going under--down, down, down, and who knows where it will lead? I have never been a ME FIRST person! I know this is a game I cannot win. I am driving myself nuts! Blame it on the Bloganova!
Last Saturday was Open House at the LQS, What's Your Stitch 'N Stuff. The open house gives people an opportunity to come in and meet the teachers and see what the new classes are. The shop was mobbed! There was a lot of energy and enthusiasm. New people mingling with regulars, and hopefully everyone found at least one class they want to take. I have one little project listed, but it is a cutie! It is the one pictured at the top of the page.



P.S. If you hurry to Colleen's blog I will be at the top of the Blog list!!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I first to post?

Gosh, Marcie...hate to tell you but Libby was at the top of mine and you were 2nd...but I found ya! I'll always find you!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo....I was first to post!! I had to quickly hit post to be sure. I know how much fun it is to get comments....so here's ya another! LOL

Paula said...

By the time I got there you weren't on top, so I suppose you'll have to post another pic!!!!! LOL

*karendianne. said...

Well, the only thing I know for sure is I love that little number you've got at the top of the page. I've personally found one singultary use for it and folks have mentioned it.

Naturally I took credit. "Don't you love my latest design?" ~ okay, not even YOU will fall for that load of bologna. But, I have had comments about that hot little number at the top of the page.

Awaiting Results Love, *karendianne.

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Marcie, you are so funny. Oh, and I never even thought about a calendar until you mentioned it. Bloganova, how did you think to call the competitive spirit that!

Karen said...

Hey Marcie, I wouldn't worry about being at the top because, no matter who you are, you're not there for long;)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Your crazy! and I still love your table mat!

Libby said...

Dang - I missed it . . . . guess you'd better hurry and post again *S*

Anonymous said...

dont you worry about being number one on the list. I have you in my favs and visit you daily. It is my quilt fix before going into work.
I will try and be better at leaving a comment to let you know I was "lurking". keep up the good work. I am inspired by all you do.
Dawn a lurker in MA

Idaho Quilter said...

Sorry but by the time I got there you were near the bottom again. But you are near the top on my list. I check in on you all the time I just don't comment very often, I don't know why, we all like comments don't we.

Stina Blomgren said...

So this is how it works... :o) I havent even bothered my brain with this... Guess Im not at all competitive...lol...
And a 2009 calender is on my list of buying too...:o)

StitchinByTheLake said...

So funny! I had actually posted about 2 minutes before I came to read your blog. Of course I went immediately to look and there I was, at the top! Short lived I'm sure. :) blessings, marlene

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I can hear Jimmy Buffet now..."some people say that there's a BLOG to blame, but I know... it's my own dern fault"! I love your new header. By any chance are you going to be at Mid Atlantic next month?

julieQ said...

I visit all the time, you are tops girl, even when you are the bottom of the list!

Wendy said...

I never worry about being first, I'd have to spend too much time in front of the computer, when I'd rather be quilting.

Love your table mat.

Anonymous said...

Somehow, I don't think it matters what you post, or who posts you in the sidebar, you have a loyal following who will be here. =) I've been slow to read lately, but I always come back! I hope you had a great time at your dad's - I can only imagine you did - and I'm sorry I missed you!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hi Marcie!

I love the new look of your blog!

Anonymous said...

Marcie! Lol.... I didn't mean to pressure you to post :o) My name is at the bottom of everyone's this week. I haven't posted in 7 days!

I love the quilts you show... so SO my style!