Sunday, December 16, 2007

TREES AROUND THE WORLD



I just posted a few Tree Quilts on my website, so if you haven't looked lately, wander over to Patchalot Patterns and click on the little tree quilt to go to the gallery. The newest ones are on page two. Nancy, from Indiana, just sent a photo today, so I am showing hers here as well. It is very nice! Her border is different from the others that were sent to me. I just love them all!

On page three I have placed the "unusual" ones. Kim and Judy both made tree skirts. They are different from each other, and both darling! Darlene posted a picture on her blog of her quilt on her table with a big jar or gingerbread men. It is so adorable that I had to have it! Well, sort of. I just borrowed her photo in case any of you missed seeing it on her blog. Eileen's is on page three also, because her quilting is so lovely that I wanted to show it off. I added links to blogs for all those that I knew. I hope I posted all the photos that were sent to me. I think I did!

I want to thank everyone who participated! Honestly, I have been thrilled at the response! I got and e-mail from a reader in Holland who posted it on a quilter's bulletin board there, so maybe a few little Tree Quilts will be sprouting over there as well. http://www.prikpagina.nl/read.php?f=1210&i=108960&t=108960 Check it out! Check out Anna's blog as well: Carpe Quiltem. How cute is that?!
Tomorrow I leave for Arizona and I haven't packed yet! I have been working on a new quilt design for spring and wanted it finished before I leave. I actually got the top done! Yea! I will show you in January. Sigh. I know, I know, but Christmas has to come first! I am looking forward to spending time with my family. My Dad is there, as well as my son and his family. My youngest son is driving down from Utah and will be introducing us to a girl he is dating. I can only hope he has finally found the right girl! We need to get him married! Do I sound desperate? Well he is pushing 30 and I am almost pushing daisies! I guess we can't rush these things.
I will probably continue blogging once I get to AZ, but in the meantime, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!
(Judy L. -don't delete me. I'll be back- lol!)

10 comments:

Angie said...

Nancy's topper is beautiful! Hope you have a blast in AZ--Can't wait to see your newest pattern! :D
Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

O my, I see my log and name mentioned..Gave me an instant hot flash:)Most of the members of the bulletinboard were engaged in a snowmen pattern, but some of them downloaded the pattern for next christmas. I made one for my daughter, who phoned me last night, saying it will defenately be finished next week and I'm quilting like a maniac on mine (by hand). We WILL sent you pics by the time they are both finished!

Darcie said...

A very Merry Christmas to you, Marcie!!! Safe traveling! I'll be excited to hear how AZ is treating you.

Kim said...

I love Nancy's version done in Kansas Troubles fabrics. She posted it to our Yahoo group over the weekend and we all thought it was terrific! Thanks again, Marcie, for coming up with this neat pattern! I still have one of mine pinned to quilt, but it hasn't happened yet; that's okay, though, since I DO have the tree skirt!

Libby said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time when you get out here to the west *s*

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you Marcie, Have a safe and wonderful visit with your family. Better not push that "OLD" son to hard. Want him to be sure. You will be around awhile.

Will be waiting for your new design. The Table tree was so much fun and great to see how many have made it.

Shelina said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in AZ. Your wool pieces look so beautiful - practice being imperfect sounds like something I can do! Merry Christmas Marcie.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Merry Christmas, Marcie! Enjoy the precious time with your family. I have you tree pattern at the top of my list to make for next year. I'm eager to see the new Spring pattern, too! Thanks, so much, for all that you do.

Judy said...

Have a good time! Gotta just keep loving that quilt!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Merry Christmas Marcie! I just can't get over all the great variations! They are so wonderful!